Can I deduct from wages?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that suggesting a cut in pay creates a culture of fear.

For instance, if the therapist goes into the treatment thinking "omg if I do this wrong there is going to be serious comeback" then I don't think it will improve their performance. Infact it could make it worse.

I don't think that anyone goes into a treatment wanting it to go anything other than well. I'm sure the intent is there to do a good treatment and for that reason, I think that nothing other than encouragement to your new staff would be the best way forward.

I'm not saying that incompetance should be rewarded but what I am saying is that teething problems should be ironed out in a constructive and positive way as this will be an investment in your staff.

So many people come out of college not prepared well for industry and whilst this can dent a businesses income initially, I think that investing in your staff will make them loyal and thus make your business flourish.

If of course there is no improvement after trying to help them then maybe that is a different matter but I don't think that initially, a cut in wages will help anyone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back