Can I do an NVQ course by correspondence?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshmammy

Reaction score
A couple of years ago I accidentally fell into the beauty industry. I inherited a hair?beauty salon off my father in law. I am a stenographer by trade. I decided rather than pay someone else do do nails, I trained as a nail tech with IBD. I then added short courses in waxing, eyelash tints + perms, lash extentions, mani/pedi. I am now becoming concerned that with all the fuss surrounding industry standards, should I really have my NVQ in Beauty Therapy. As I already have many of the skills needed and regularly use them, could I do a short NVQ course, or a home study course would be even better, I have two small children and the Salon, plus occasional Court transcrips to produce, I just don't have the time to really go out to college every week, I beg and borrow baby sitters now. A home learn course would be perfect, as I get the practicals in the Salon. Anyone point me in the direction of such a course?

i can't really help too much but i think there are a couple of training centres whereby you do a home study course and then do a one day practical assessment....some of these advertise that they go towards the nvq

i'll do a search and get back to you!!!

Thanks, I had already look at this, it a bit far from me. Looking for something closer, home learn would be best, obviously I could travel now and again for assessment. Or perhaps I could get some kind of assessor to come to me?

Heres another link which might be useful.
Holistic Training Centre | Welcome

Would you be able to study in the evening instead? I'm training asan evening class, twice a week for a year to gain my NVQ.

Good luck.:hug:

A number of places do intensive training, but there is normally quite a bit or work to get it to NVQ standard. Have you enquired with your previous trainers if any of the work you have previously undertaken can count towards an NVQ? Sometimes some training is the first step..

Learn Direct i believe may have a link for some correspondence courses, howeve these are normally just on the theory - but it's worth a look. I travelled to the Carlton Institute to do my NVQ & IHBC - it took me two years to build up my portfolio, but it worked around my current responsibilities.

My friend is Google... loads of links to information on there. I'll be expanding my knowledge with the local adult education centre in september....

Latest posts

Back