Can I go blonde in one visit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*juicylucy*

Reaction score
Hi there geeks.

I've come over from beauty and I will say now that I know nothing about hair, colouring and all the things you lovely hairdressers do.

I have always wanted to try being blonde, my hair is a rich brown, not too dark. And I would want to go a nice clean blonde. Not yellow lol.

Do you think this would be possible to do in one visit to the hairdressers? (don't worry, I would never attempt to dye my own hair!)

I once had blonde highlights and I said to the hairdresser how lovely her hair colour was and she told me it would take ages to get mine like hers because it was highlights upon highlights. And I wouldnt really fancy waiting ages and if they can turn Katie price from black to blonde in one day (even though it took hours and many attempts) surely I could go blonde all over too?

Any advice would be great x

but honey did you not see how badly broken and snapped katie prices hair was after going black to blonde in one day?! it snapped off really short, just clean broke off.
it would depend on wether your brown is natural, but if your hair is quite dark the safest way might be to get hilites and wait unfortunately, otherwise you could end up with undesirable yellowish tones and/or damaged hair. xxx

Last edited:
Again depends on depth and previous colouring, including shampoos/ conditioners. Try a salon with a good reputation, it may be more expensive, but if they can't or won't then take the advice. Also take it from me, someone with naturally black hair that's been platinum blonde for years, it's no simple task and really takes its toll on your hair and scalp, and that's not including the scalp burn I had in the past that's caused a reoccurring scalp dissorder I will have for life. But again, without seeing natural hair your idea of a nice deep warm brown may be way off my perception. Xoxo

I wish, im on my second lot of highlights, getting more on friday :), but I dont like waiting either, today I got clip in extensions in the shade I want along with 1 big darker one and my hair now looks amazing and really blonde, it blends so well, I have put in 2 small brown clip ins too it looks great. x

Thanks for your replies geeks. My hair colour is natural, haven't had it coloured for two years, but I understand it could be bad for my hair and I'd hate to damage it.
Worth asking about though and maybe one day when I'm in a better financial position I'll go to a really good salon and start the process haha!

Xxx

Do you live near any colleges that run hairdressing courses? The students are fully supervised and even if it takes a few sessions, it will be cheaper than a Salon and provide useful experience for the students.

Not that I'm trying to take business away from excellent local salons...I just like to support the young 'uns. :lol:

Latest posts

Back