Can I have my own website if I work for someone else?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potsi3

Reaction score
Currently I am employed, but I want to be able to do my own advertising with a website. Is this OK to do? I would have my own 'business name' but advertise that I am located at such-and-such.

If you're "employed" by someone else then surely they should be doing whatever advertising is needed?
Unless, of course, you intend on leaving, in which case any clients you have wouldn't be going with you as they would be clients of your existing place of employment.

Sorry, but I don't see the benefits of you having your own website... unless you can shed more light on it for us?

Have you spoken to your employer about this at all?

If you're "employed" by someone else then surely they should be doing whatever advertising is needed?
Unless, of course, you intend on leaving, in which case any clients you have wouldn't be going with you as they would be clients of your existing place of employment.

Sorry, but I don't see the benefits of you having your own website... unless you can shed more light on it for us?

Have you spoken to your employer about this at all?

No, not planning on leaving. My boss isn't on the net so I want to do what I can to help build up my clientele. He is doing mailouts and ads, but I have a few web sites already of other interests, and I know how important it is.

Ahh, ok... that sheds a different light on things :D

Make sure your boss has the website address on the mailshots and adverts he's doing.

Good Luck x

Latest posts

Back