Can I infill NSS nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gawjus36

Reaction score
Just a quickie, I have a client tomorrow who is currently wearing NSS nails and would like infills or a new set.
I use CND Retention+ and I'm not sure if I will be able to infill or not. Alternatively the client would like them removing and a new set doing but in my experience they can't be removed with acetone.
Will I have to sit and file them off then do a new set? I'd rather not as I don't charge for removal if they are having a new set, even if its another tech's work.

Any input will be gratefully received xxx

From what iv heard NSS nails can't be soaked off and needs to be filed off but I take hours to file down and you will be needing to file majority off to infill? Just an idea. Hope that helps x

I would remove as much as i could, then do a new set. I think there would be a colour difference if you didnt but i guess it's up to you x

I never remove NSS as it takes so long and the nails are awful.

I just do a normal infill as I would a normal set I have done and let them grow out.

You don't know what you will find underneath so it's best to just remove any lifting etc and then do yours over.

There are quite a few threads regarding this so take a look. X

When you say that you never know what underneath so best just to infill. Would it not make more sence to remove it if there is a higher chance for their to be an infection underneath?

When you say that you never know what underneath so best just to infill. Would it not make more sence to remove it if there is a higher chance for their to be an infection underneath?

I wasn't referring to any nasties on the nail plate, you would be able to see this- then you would remove, I was referring to the damage caused by NSS salons.

If you remove the L&P or gel and the nails are badly damaged, it may be you who gets blamed for said damage.

It's fine if you remove and re apply, but I have never, I will infill and wait for the product to grow out as I don't know the state of the damage underneath. My clients are fine with this once I explain why.

If the OP is set on removing, they can be soaked but you will need to soak, file, soak eft unless you have an e-file to remove the main bulk. The nails may become tacky and have an awful smell depending on what the NSS salon has used.

If you are going to remove fully then it may take a while. My first NSS set I did took me 3 hours to remove by soaking and filing and the nails were in a state hence the reason I only infill.

Thanks for the explanation 😊

How do the nails look after an infill, are they ok?

Ahhh! That makes sence. So would any other l&p adhere to nss?

Well, I'm back from the appointment, she only had about four enhancements on in total so this is what I did x

She was thrilled and is now looking for a CND tech closer to where she lives in Kingston, London.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1356793446.056285.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1356793446.056285.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 515
They look fab! Well done Hun xxx

I have soaked off NSS nails before and they take a little longer but still can be soaked off with acetone. I use a big bowl filled with hot water and then two smaller ones for the nails to go in but before the client turns up I put all the bowls in the sink with hot water to warm them up I stead of just filling them when the client is there. HTH xx

Latest posts

Back