Can I please have steps in my hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually happened when I was training, she was about 80 -ish, 8 hairs in her head and she brought a picture with Victoria Beckam bob :
" I w-w-w-w-want to ll-l-l-loock exactly like her"
The trainer, with a deep look on his face :
"Yo know what....I am just a hairdresser ..not a plastic surgeon"

Another one :

"We ho hair implants here, you only need to come with the holes already drilled and we will do the rest" huh?????

(was working for a hair system company)

" Do you think that the right corner of the fringe is more equal then the left one?" Duuuuuh!!!!

" Do you think i look younger with a shaved side ???" (she was 15 years old)

" I want a shaved side but not too short but it need to be shaved!!!...and then keep my length and do more lines please.... "

I have never stated to professionally put in extensions either?????? I have an interest in them Jesus girls rip me to shreds?! I'm speaking from experience.....I wish I didn't have to tar you with the same brush, I've been to millions of salons and never been happy.....and i'm not even fussy lol....you could say that's why i'm here, looking for someone who has done great work.... I originally stated, its not good for your hair but it can be done with regards to blonde to black. Which us a true statement. Yea it wrecks some peoples hair, but it didn't mine.

That is all

Your profile says you're a hair-pro. You have filled that out - nobody else, and you've misled people into thinking you're a professional.

Perhaps you should update your profile to show you are actually NOT a professional of any description but a consumer visitor only?

Misrepesenting yourself to gain expert knowledge is also against forum rules.

I'm afraid I never said I was a hairdresser??? Lucky for you i'm a chef! You are allowed to be interested in hair and be on this site right??

:/

Magri-jade x

Go cook up some good hair then. Had enough if this joker on here. Xoxo

My most common ones are 'I really need a change with my cut but I don't want anything off the length, I want to keep layers same length and I don't want a fringe or anything' ok then a wee trim then?! Lol
Another one is 'I want to go really dark like a nice chocolate shiny brown', so I show them a 5 or 6 on shade chart and they go 'ooh no that's way too dark and point at an 8!! Hardly a chocolate colour lol. Or when they ask for Caramel lowlights to break up their blonde and they point at coppers, or dark brown!! Stresses me out haha xx

I'm as much of a hair pro as the next when it comes to my hair.....tbh hairdressers have dove nothing but ruin my hair and charge me four the privilege, just recently I thought id treat myself and do my roots at the salon, thinking they'd do a great job....turns out they done a worse job than I could've done myself and turned it blue!! I'm sticking to my tried and tested methods, I shall never return to a salon. I don't think I've once had a great experience even paying 1k for my extensions......i have never stated to be a hairdresser or such. Just speaking from ten years experience........

Millions of salons? Really? You do get about ;) maybe it's not the hairdresser that isn't getting your hair right your more than likely asking the impossible and not explaining yourself properly! And by you messing with your hair at home makes our job ten times harder!

Now.. Your a chef maybe your better suited to your microwave than a forum for hair professionals!

Two important Salon Geek Rules to remember here please:

Though shall not give pseudo-professional advice
In the forums where you are not a professional (i.e. the Hair Geek forum if you are not a professional hair messer) you may not give advice. This is a forum for professionals and the only way to keep it that way is to make sure that you are very careful in your comments that you make in forums where you hold no qualifications. It is fine to chime in with opinion as long as it does not lead readers to construe that the information you have given is a professional recommendation. On that note, please do NOT recommend OTC (Over the counter) products and services. These are not professional.

and

Reply to others how you would like them to reply to you
This is possibly THE most important of all commandments here. We have a low tolerance for members who show disrespect to others (even if the disrespect is somehow warranted). Rude and thoughtless posts are the fastest way to make you look like a right ass in front of the world. Its also a quick way to find yourself on the wrong side of a ban. If you can't say it nicely, go Facebook it.

It is also appreciated if Geeks can please keep their Profiles as up to date as possible, at all times, so as to avoid any confusion for others.

Right then, let's get this back on topic please!

I don't think non professionals should be allowed to use this site really, they have no idea what we're talking about, just because your good with your own hair doesn't mean you understand hair!

Even if I haven't trained, you are in no position to say what you think I know and don't know, I've studied hair structure in my own time.

I'm passionate about hair also, i'm not here to give un trained advice i'm here to learn more and find great hairdressers. and of course look at all the wonderful pictures, get inspiration.....

like I said to start with. Black to blonde isn't great, it causes all sorts of problems. But in my own experience I've done it four or more times and my hairs fine. I do not recommend it.

The end

My profile doesn't say i'm a hair pro, I just ticked the boxes with the things i'm interested in. I haven't stated being trained?!

Wash cut and blow dry and a touch up in the roots isn't the hardest really is it?

Okay not millions of salons.....but spent millions!!

I think its definitely true, you lot are a real bitchy bunch??

& all for sharing an experience of mine.....nice

Wash cut and blow dry and a touch up in the roots isn't the hardest really is it?

Again hardly spent millions! Yes we might be Protective of our trade, because we are sick and tired of wanna be "messers" buggaring up people hair! Including their own!

I challenge you to come and do my hair..can't be that hard can it? To cut my tgick, wavy hair with calfs licks, nape whirls and double crown? Oh and is like a colour please, I'm a base 5 with warm tones and I would like a cool red :)

This is a wind up for sure?! LOL are you for real?

Let me try again. You have ticked the box which you believe makes you "interested" in hair and that comes up on your profile that you are training or trained as a hair professional.

Have a look at the picture, it might help you understand. See the big red arrow?? You've ticked that in your profile.

salongeek.jpg

Kindly UNTICK "hair" to stop all the confusion.

Enough! This forum is for professionals only and this thread is going around in circles.

I have not been about for several months now due to serious ill health and I sometimes wonder why any of us mods bother!

For all the genuine professionals on this thread I am sorry you have been so wound up but the word Troll springs immediately to mind.

I am closing the thread and if I see any repeat of non professionals or anyone who hasn't completed their profile properly, winding up the genuine members then further action will be taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back