Can I please have steps in my hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tulisa looks awful with blonde hair darker definitely suits her better and she should sack her hairdresser that attempts to get it blonde lol

Jordan prob only got an inch of hair the rest is extensions!

It is possible of course yet it's probably not going to be on the clients head for long in a healthy condition xx

I'm not stupid..that's the point I was making. I wouldn't do it as it effects the integrity if the hair plus most clients won't pay the £200 +++ price tag to do it or pay attention to the aftercare. When you see Jordan and Tullisia they are blow dried and have clip ins/peices/extensions but I actually watched the show where Jordan went from black to blonde and she was in the salon from 10am till 10pm! Plus she had bold spots etc. goes to prove its not impossible. Anyway lets move away from the bitching and go back to the if get hearted banter of this thread :)

I'm not stupid..that's the point I was making. I wouldn't do it as it effects the integrity if the hair plus most clients won't pay the £200 +++ price tag to do it or pay attention to the aftercare. When you see Jordan and Tullisia they are blow dried and have clip ins/peices/extensions but I actually watched the show where Jordan went from black to blonde and she was in the salon from 10am till 10pm! Plus she had bold spots etc. goes to prove its not impossible. Anyway lets move away from the bitching and go back to the if get hearted banter of this thread :)

Just to say I wasn't bitching if you meant me 😇 x

One of my clients brought in two posters of horses to show the colours she wanted in her lowlights. Hmmm..........

Another client asked me to 'whisper' her fringe. After much confusion I realised she didn't actually want me to say 'fringe' really quietly, she wanted it soft and 'feathered' !

Well I would say it was nonsense if I didn't have living proof on my head. Lol

Of course a hairdresser can't do it and its not great for your.....I was just saying it can and has been done?

Now now, put your hand bags away......

My handbag isn't out love.

Looking on your profile you only mention extensions so it doesn't seem that you're a hair pro (if I'm wrong on that I apologise).

I'm not saying it can't be done but letting non hair pros know it won't be done by any reputable stylist for very good reason.

Yellow/orange candy floss "hair" is never a wanted outcome.

Strangest one for me was when i first went mobile. I received a text asking a price and the colour of my hair!
I replied with the price and asked what the colour of my hair had to do with it. She said that people with dark hair always seem to cut it right but don't do her roots right and blondes get the roots right but not the cut. (she wanted re-growth painted on)
I replied saying my hair was both light and dark (at the time i had bleach, 9.4 igora and 6.4 igora alternate) so that must mean I'm good at both.

One of my clients brought in two posters of horses to show the colours she wanted in her lowlights. Hmmm..........

Another client asked me to 'whisper' her fringe. After much confusion I realised she didn't actually want me to say 'fringe' really quietly, she wanted it soft and 'feathered' !
The image of a stylist talking quietly to a fringe is hilarious !! I'm on a train and getting strange looks due to my stifled giggles !!! :)

Strangest one for me was when i first went mobile. I received a text asking a price and the colour of my hair!
I replied with the price and asked what the colour of my hair had to do with it. She said that people with dark hair always seem to cut it right but don't do her roots right and blondes get the roots right but not the cut. (she wanted re-growth painted on)
I replied saying my hair was both light and dark (at the time i had bleach, 9.4 igora and 6.4 igora alternate) so that must mean I'm good at both.

Just choked on my tea giggling at this x

That's gotta be the oddest thing I ever heard!!!lol xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

I love it when people phone for an appointment and when you ask if its with anyone in particular they say "oh I've never been before, who there is good at cutting hair"!

But as a hairdresser who claims to treat others hair as if it were your own should you be saying this? If I were an employer, I'm sorry to say I wouldn't stand for this and would have to let you go. Xoxo

I'm afraid I never said I was a hairdresser??? Lucky for you i'm a chef! You are allowed to be interested in hair and be on this site right??

:/

Magri-jade x

My handbag isn't out love.

Looking on your profile you only mention extensions so it doesn't seem that you're a hair pro (if I'm wrong on that I apologise).

I'm not saying it can't be done but letting non hair pros know it won't be done by any reputable stylist for very good reason.

Yellow/orange candy floss "hair" is never a wanted outcome.

I'm as much of a hair pro as the next when it comes to my hair.....tbh hairdressers have dove nothing but ruin my hair and charge me four the privilege, just recently I thought id treat myself and do my roots at the salon, thinking they'd do a great job....turns out they done a worse job than I could've done myself and turned it blue!! I'm sticking to my tried and tested methods, I shall never return to a salon. I don't think I've once had a great experience even paying 1k for my extensions......i have never stated to be a hairdresser or such. Just speaking from ten years experience........

I'm as much of a hair pro as the next when it comes to my hair.....tbh hairdressers have dove nothing but ruin my hair and charge me four the privilege, just recently I thought id treat myself and do my roots at the salon, thinking they'd do a great job....turns out they done a worse job than I could've done myself and turned it blue!! I'm sticking to my tried and tested methods, I shall never return to a salon. I don't think I've once had a great experience even paying 1k for my extensions......i have never stated to be a hairdresser or such. Just speaking from ten years experience........

I can honestly say that to say all hairdressers have done is ruin your hair and basically slate us as a profession is degrading and defamatory. Yes one person had a bit of a go at you and questioned you credentials but you kind if walked into that. someone who isn't a colourist but is just an extensionist should not be messing around with colour correction

Err no! Your post is a prize winner to illustrate why extensionists who are not trained in the chemical processes or the science of hairdressing need their own classifcation on here. To stop untrained "pros" advising people to do ridiculous amounts of damage to their own hair.

It's against rules by the way to hand out pseudo-professional advice.

To tar us all the with the same brush would be like me saying that people who practice extensions without having qualified as hairstylists are the bane of my life as I spends hours putting right dodgy extensions done by "professionals" like yourself..but I'm not saying that am I ;-)

One of my clients cut her own fringe and im not joking it was atleast 4 inches above her eyebrows, I go around the next day to colour it and she posts a picture on facebook saying "loving the hair thankyou" so now everyone think's i've given her a special fringe.... lol

Or I want my fringe bright Apricot and Daffodil Yellow on the ends... and she is in her late 50's....

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Ohhhhhh did you close your facebook account forever???

Omg that has cheered me up no end Xxxx

Sent from my HTC Desire C using SalonGeek

You're nothing more then an absolute joker!

I cook for my family, I've also paid for food that hasn't been enjoyed. I suppose I can join a chef forum as this makes me as much as a chef as you.

You clearly know sweet F.A about hair. If you're friends are daft enough to let you loose on their hair more fool them.

Err no! Your post is a prize winner to illustrate why extensionists who are not trained in the chemical processes or the science of hairdressing need their own classifcation on here. To stop untrained "pros" advising people to do ridiculous amounts of damage to their own hair.

It's against rules by the way to hand out pseudo-professional advice.

I never handed or have handed out advice. Only spoke of experience with my own hair......

Magri-jade x

I have never stated to professionally put in extensions either?????? I have an interest in them Jesus girls rip me to shreds?! I'm speaking from experience.....I wish I didn't have to tar you with the same brush, I've been to millions of salons and never been happy.....and i'm not even fussy lol....you could say that's why i'm here, looking for someone who has done great work.... I originally stated, its not good for your hair but it can be done with regards to blonde to black. Which us a true statement. Yea it wrecks some peoples hair, but it didn't mine.

That is all

I have never stated to professionally put in extensions either?????? I have an interest in them Jesus girls rip me to shreds?! I'm speaking from experience.....I wish I didn't have to tar you with the same brush, I've been to millions of salons and never been happy.....and i'm not even fussy lol....you could say that's why i'm here, looking for someone who has done great work.... I originally stated, its not good for your hair but it can be done with regards to blonde to black. Which us a true statement. Yea it wrecks some peoples hair, but it didn't mine.

That is all

The confusion come when people looked on your profile to see you ticked hair pro, have been in the industry since 2002 and talk about your customers.

Sorry if I've had a go at you but hairdressing is my career. It has been since i left school and I'm very passionate about it.

When people don't understand what chemicals they're using and why, and don't know the first thing about the structure of the hair. Yet act like they can give the same if not better advice then hairdressers then I see my a**e.

People look down on hairdressing being an easy job posts saying things that shouldn't be done can be done or recommending etc products (i know you didn't but I'm just saying) gives narrow minded people more reason to think this instead of realizing hairdressing is an amazing career to have. Which has alot more too it then picking up a colour and slapping it on the clients head because that's what they picked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back