Can I please have steps in my hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a colleague of mine had a client who was adamant she wanted a "shelfy" like as in a shelf in her bob. . . she wanted a graduated bob AHAHAHAHAHA i honestly about cut my clients ear of laughing

Asking for blonde but they don't have peroxide on it :-& mmmmmm?

What is the obsession with peroxide? I had a client constantly tell me to use peroxide, she wouldn't book in for a bleach retouch, she would book for a peroxide re touch :S
She would sit down, all gowned up and shout 'slap the peroxide on then'

And we couldn't correct her, oh no! She would stand and hold up the other appointments if we tried to correct her booking, i just don't understand it? We mix peroxide with many colouring products, so why does it only seem to be associated with blondes?

[QUOTE=JuZz'

Marilyn Monroe!! Apparently sHe used to literally dunk her head in a bucket of 60vol peroxide and dry it into her hair....x

I had a client who asked me to cut her hair to make it look longer! :eek::rolleyes:

Lol I once explained to I client with I peroxide problem that peroxide (H2O2 ) is only one molecule away from water ,safe to say she shut up about what she thought she knew about peroxide and let me do my job :-/

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Foils with conditioner! How dishonest of you!! :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=JuZz'

Hair magazines don't help either....you know the bit they explain permanent colours and semi's and stuff and what they do and best suited for? At the back of the book They recommend peroxide to lighten hair!!! Grrr!!

Foils with conditioner! How dishonest of you!! :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you have never gone to mix a colour and found you've not got enough so had to mix? And I presume you've told them you had to mix 3/4 diff colours to make one?

My client left happy, but these clients like I've mentioned say they want one thing and they don't actually know what they want!

I have a client who Insists on one color, it looks terrible on her. I only did it once and she complained. Since then I put on a different one and she loves it. But I have to have a fake record card for her as she insists on reading it and checking I'm putting on the right colour

I had a client ask for a restyle however she didn't want layers, a fringe or anything off her length! I gave her some magazines to look through whilst I finished my client and after 10 mins said she had changed her mind and was keeping it how it was and left the salon. Strange! Xx

I once thought about having some steps in my hair but that story's better best forgotten!

:lol:

On a more serious note though, I have a standard stock reply for clients who tell me "just do what you like, I trust you completely!" ... I always say, "Great. Because as soon as you walked in I was thinking about how amazing you would look with half of your hair shaved off and the other half dyed green with red tips. Would you like me to get started on the colour or the cut first? Or would you prefer to tell me what you like and don't like about your current hairstyle instead, because it looks as though you have some reservations about my green, red and shaved idea!" ;)

This usually opens up a great consultation and breaks the ice at the same time. Clients usually end up with a great 12 month plan out of this for where we can take their hair.

Another thing I usually ignore is the old "cut it all off!" ... for which I've been thanked on numerous occasions.

I actually did some foils once with conditioner...the client loved the colour I'd put through!![/QUOTE]
Lmao, fab!!

Iv been told cut it all off, by my mum, we took ages to grow it, keep it in a style (it was cut into the neck previously) and alter the colour gradually. So I thought f**k it and did slightly as asked, took it to a short bob, showed her how to blowdry the front with the tiny brush and smooth it out with a larger one so there's movement, and it's a bob, but all off the face as she likes it tucked behind. Her ears xoxo

My client just asked me for this?... Any ideas on technique.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350324303.668301.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350324303.668301.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 569
My client just asked me for this?... Any ideas on technique.

Ask a child from the local junior school to do it. Should be what she wants then xoxo

I have a client who always says "can you cut it so it has loads of body in it?"

She actually means she wants it to look blow dried even when drying naturally 😆

I have a client who always says "can you cut it so it has loads of body in it?"

She actually means she wants it to look blow dried even when drying naturally 😆

Yeah I get this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back