Can I please have steps in my hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God I get the "I only want one layer" a lot too! .. One woman i had the other day with long hair asked me for one layer cut to about 1 inch from her root but only around the front.. She doesn't want the layer at the back?!? What an earth?!? ..

God I get the "I only want one layer" a lot too! .. One woman i had the other day with long hair asked me for one layer cut to about 1 inch from her root but only around the front.. She doesn't want the layer at the back?!? What an earth?!? ..

Haha! I read this twice to try and understand it!

Haha! I read this twice to try and understand it!

Lol..and after re-reading it do you understand what she wants? And can you picture it looking nice? Lol... I wouldn't want to put my name to a cut that looks like she has a wedge on either side of her head! xx

Reactions: bnc
Lol..and after re-reading it do you understand what she wants? And can you picture it looking nice? Lol... I wouldn't want to put my name to a cut that looks like she has a wedge on either side of her head! xx

Does she want it to flick back? Like pushed out bangs look? Xoxo

No.. She wanted short layers to create volume and gain lift at the root, but didn't want it to look spikey at the back! Xx

No.. She wanted short layers to create volume and gain lift at the root, but didn't want it to look spikey at the back! Xx

Aah, seen something like that while I was in college, a girl came in with strips trough her hair at about 2" long were her friend had "thinned" it out by taking out rows of hair (think wefts, actually put a strip of glue along the hair before it was cut and it could have been used for a weft haha) xoxo

Aah, seen something like that while I was in college, a girl came in with strips trough her hair at about 2" long were her friend had "thinned" it out by taking out rows of hair (think wefts, actually put a strip of glue along the hair before it was cut and it could have been used for a weft haha) xoxo

I had a client with this also.. I separated her hair and to my horror saw a short chunk missing in a straight line! .. I pointed it out so she didn't think I had done it and asked if she was aware of the chunk of hair that was missing. She seemed perfectly aware and happy that her previous hairdresser had cut "rows" of hair out in order to "thin" it out! .. I would have gone crazy if somebody did that to me!

Same client asked me to cut I like Dora the explorer but with a Scandinavian twist :|

I never understand why some people can't grasp the phrases/methods/techniques that hairdressers use...

Before I had even done my fist year at college or working in a salon I still didn't ask for "steps in my hair" or "stripes"

Guess its just down to your own interests? Lol

Xx

"I want a complete restyle but I want to keep my length and I hate layers"

"I want really natural looking H/Ls using white blonde and bright red but like really chunky so you can see stripes"
" I want it exactly like this picture of this graduated choppy bob I have bought in but I don't want to lose my length or have it shorter at the back or with layers"

I once had a client bring in a picture of a red setter as a reference to how she wanted her hair to "feel"!

We all have those clients that we want to send away with the words "please do not tell your friends who did your hair as it is does not look good but you insisted and love it!"

"Can I have a bitty fringe"
"I want it to have zig zags in it"
"Whispery"

I do have a good laugh with them when I correct them and say,
"feathered/wispy , not whispery " ;-) hehe

I once had a client who brought in a comic book a d asked for It to
Look like this |^^^^| like Bart Simpson...... What's going on with some people

You coloured my hair three weeks ago and there is already a regrowth! You must re do it for free!

You cut my hair and I love it but my husband hates it so can you re cut it for free?

My client just asked me for this?... Any ideas on technique.

Hahhaahhaahah at the last pic! Does she want a tree growing from her forehead?

This thread made me laugh so much!!

You coloured my hair three weeks ago and there is already a regrowth! You must re do it for free!

You cut my hair and I love it but my husband hates it so can you re cut it for free?

"Your husband hates it so you want it to cut so he likes it? I want diamonds and pearls go get them for me seeing as your such a pushover and do as your told" xoxo

I've had "I don't want it touching my ears, but I don't want it short, I like it long"..........., :/

Haha I have had the 'I love it but my hubby doesn't, can you make it look how it used too?'
Hmmm.x

[QUOTE=JuZz'

That is hilarious about the peroxide!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back