Can I please have steps in my hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or with the shaping at the front! Can you make the feathery bits shorter.

I was asked once by an elderly Asian lady to cut her granddaughters fringe like a "flower"! After 15 mins of her trying to explain, getting Nowere & most of the clients in the salon laughing, she swore at me and told me to go back to college!!!!

And I've had people book in for complete restyles, then sat in the chair wanting 1/2 inch off all over! Xx

Did you charge restyle for it?

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

I charge for what they book in for! X

This is fab... So funny. Lady last week said she would like her wedge to look like a thatched roof ha ha...
Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Some one asked the other day how much do you charge for layers haha i was like its a cut a blowdry, and another person asked hi how much do you charge to go from black to white blonde in a day!! What do they think i am a magician lol and when i explain it cant be done that quick i swear they think im lying :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Omg just seen a mobile hairdresser advice a client to use a box dye eek , she had no appointments so lady said well my hair is bright blonde and pink on ends how can i get rid of pink at home she said go buy a ash box dye that will get rid of it i doubt it would

Some one asked the other day how much do you charge for layers haha i was like its a cut a blowdry, and another person asked hi how much do you charge to go from black to white blonde in a day!! What do they think i am a magician lol and when i explain it cant be done that quick i swear they think im lying :D

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth explaining to clients that colour correction is not as straight forward as they think! They totes think I'm making it up! X

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth explaining to clients that colour correction is not as straight forward as they think! They totes think I'm making it up! X

Exactly soo frustrating i wish i had magic secret but unfortunatly i dont x

We do a walk in cut and finish for £22 with junior stylists Tuesday to Thursday. If I had £1 for every phone call I get asking to book in next week for a walk in appointment I would've a very rich woman!

Have you maybe considered the fact that everyone isn't in fact trained in hairdressing and they may not actually know everything about hairdressing? This is why I am scared to go to the hairdressers because I assume I'll be laughed at!

Saw this pic on fb and just had to share it!

By the way this is NOT my work haha x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351983492.443568.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351983492.443568.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 373
Have you maybe considered the fact that everyone isn't in fact trained in hairdressing and they may not actually know everything about hairdressing? This is why I am scared to go to the hairdressers because I assume I'll be laughed at!

Don't be scared, this thread is a bit of fun as we do get asked for some silly things, everyone explains and sees things differently
If you go to a good salon am in depth consultation will iron these issues out,

But u must see the funny side to some posts! Good luck finding a new stylist

Had to laugh the other day, a guy came in wanting a cut, he had short hair anyway so I started with my usual question of what is it your thinking of having done. He said he wanted at least an inch off...... Had to find a nice way to explain his hair wasn't actually an inch long so unless he wanted his hair shaved off and some of his scalp scraped away it was impossible to take an inch off.

Turns out he's always gone for a cut when it's 3/4 of an inch long and they take off 1/4 inch and all his past stylists have lied.
He's promised to be a regular just because I didn't humour him and lie I taught him what he actually wanted. Xoxo

Oh the best is when people are blonde all over, and want to "break" it up...they don't want it dark.... Or yellowy(gold) or be able to tell its got another colour in??? Wtf?!? Really?

I actually did some foils once with conditioner...the client loved the colour I'd put through!!

Hahah. Lol that's funny I'll do that next time lol

I have gone from black to blonde in a day three or four times....I can do it myself with home bleaches, toners etc. its not good, granted, but it can be done!! :) my hairs in pretty good condition, I think letting it get greasy every so often has helped!!!

#donottrythatathome lol

Magri-jade x

I have gone from black to blonde in a day three or four times....I can do it myself with home bleaches, toners etc. its not good, granted, but it can be done!! :) my hairs in pretty good condition, I think letting it get greasy every so often has helped!!!

#donottrythatathome lol

Magri-jade x

I'm sorry, but read your profile ad it states you treat clients hair as if it were your own... If you are doing this then they best rum. Xoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back