Can I still apply my clients normal nail hardner when using Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemzj

Reaction score
As above really, I have a customer who always brings in her own Nail hardener and insists its used in normal manicures, but tomorrow she is havng the great shellac, do i still use the hardener under the base coat.

Thanks in advance

My guess is no. As the hardener is not part of the Shellac 'system' it would probably compromise the wearability of Shellac.

And honestly, the Shellac will last the 2-3 weeks and give a bit of strength and durability to her nails. No hardener needed. HTH! :)

My guess is no. As the hardener is not part of the Shellac 'system' it would probably compromise the wearability of Shellac.

And honestly, the Shellac will last the 2-3 weeks and give a bit of strength and durability to her nails. No hardener needed. HTH! :)

Thanks alot thought so but jst wanted to be sure xxx

I second that :) I can't see it working , like already said it's not part of the system,
tell her to have faith in the shellac and you as a pro :)

I had rubbish natral nails ... I haven't broke one scince may ! Thank you shellac !

What nail Hardner is she using? some can make more harm than good ! Bit like a visous circle as when they arnt using it there nails brake because of the damage made by the hardner ( if that makes scence)
shellac will do the job , :)

I second that :) I can't see it working , like already said it's not part of the system,
tell her to have faith in the shellac and you as a pro :)

I had rubbish natral nails ... I haven't broke one scince may ! Thank you shellac !

What nail Hardner is she using? some can make more harm than good ! Bit like a visous circle as when they arnt using it there nails brake because of the damage made by the hardner ( if that makes scence)
shellac will do the job , :)

She swears by Nailtiques loves it, her nails are in lovely condition and she always wears it. I will say all of the above and do agree with you, thanks so much xx

Latest posts

Back