Can I use different gels for nail art?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephrae82

Reaction score
Hiya I do gel nails using gellux but I'm learning some different things to do for Xmas and Halloween.

I'm practising some different Xmas designs but the colours I need, gellux don't have so is it ok to use another type of gel? Fir example I'm doing a white nail (using gellux) then I'm
Putting candy cane stripes in a sparkly red. Gellux don't have the red I want to use but ibd do?

Is it ok to mix brands? X

Hiya I do gel nails using gellux but I'm learning some different things to do for Xmas and Halloween.

I'm practising some different Xmas designs but the colours I need, gellux don't have so is it ok to use another type of gel? Fir example I'm doing a white nail (using gellux) then I'm
Putting candy cane stripes in a sparkly red. Gellux don't have the red I want to use but ibd do?

Is it ok to mix brands? X

I personally wouldn't mix the brands. Could you not get some additives and glitter so you can customise your gellux? X

the additives would work great....or you could add glitter into the red gellux does...make a glitter paste :)

Yeah I might try that. Thanks 😊

I used my uv clear gel that I use when putting tips on and I added glitter over it then put gel
Over the glitter.

I'm attempting an orange tiger strip but again gellux don't have orange 😏 x

Yeah I might try that. Thanks 😊

I used my uv clear gel that I use when putting tips on and I added glitter over it then put gel
Over the glitter.

I'm attempting an orange tiger strip but again gellux don't have orange 😏 x

Sounds like the additives would be the way forward for you then hun :) x

Any ideas of the best place to get additives? X

Latest posts

Back