Can I use my CND Shellac lamp to cure OPI GelColour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxhaylzxx

Reaction score
Basically as the title says really. I am wanting to bring in opi gel colour along side my shellac and wondered wether I needed to get the opi lamp too or wether my cnd lamp will do the job?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

You will need to check if both are the same type eg. Both led or uv and the wattage then yes you can : )

I have tried it before on myself and as long as you stick to the gelcolor setting as 1,2,3 it was fine ( 1min base coat, 2 mins colour coats, 3mins top coat ) hth

Ah great thanks :) I will get the opi eventually but I just wanted to trail the gel colour first. How do you find it lasts in comparison to shellac? I have a few ladies who are quite heavy handed so was hoping this might be a better option for them. And my clients love opi lacquers. X

Just an FYI if they are heavy handed for Shellac, adding Brisa Lite smoothing gel will give strength to the service and maintain no buffing of the nails with easy removal 😉

Thank you I must order that :)

Latest posts

Back