Can we save our planet for our children?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My attitude to climate change is summed up like this...... Just because I don't believe in the death penalty for murder doesn't mean I don't believe in punishing murderers......

I am cynical about the political motives, I think 'global warming' is a good distraction from the mess in Iraq for a start...... BUT, I think being sensible about emissions, recycling etc is a no-brainer.

My attitude to climate change is summed up like this...... Just because I don't believe in the death penalty for murder doesn't mean I don't believe in punishing murderers......

I am cynical about the political motives, I think 'global warming' is a good distraction from the mess in Iraq for a start...... BUT, I think being sensible about emissions, recycling etc is a no-brainer.

Exactly my thoughts as well!

Cathie I think it was on Channel 4.

Big thanks to Noodle who sent me the following link,
UN alert over climate 'catastrophe' - AOL News

I knew something like this was due out soon, and I'd seen some of my father in laws data on climate change. It makes scary reading. The scientists trying to predict what may happen have a hard job as there has never before been so many carbon emissions in our atmosphere. I will try to get hold of some charts for you all to see. Going back over thousands of years, yes there have been cycles of cooling and warming. If you overlay the relative carbon levels of the time there is a similar pattern, these things are related. There has never been as much carbon and nox ( Nitrogen oxide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) in our atmosphere as before. We are in unchartered waters as far as the future of our planet goes.
Before worrying about taxes on your holiday flights, worry about what your flights are doing to the world. I'm not saying don't go on holiday, we all need a break, but is it in moderation?:hug: We live in an age where a load of people will fly to another country for a weekend boozing etc, is this really necessary?
After knowing what's really happening, we as a family have decided not to fly anywhere at the moment, (aircraft emissions are bad as they are released at a level where they will do the most damage.) Our holidays will be in England (Just had a great few days in Yorkshire) or in Europe using Eurostar.
I for one am proud to be in a country who's government are making positive changes.:green:

Latest posts

Back