Can you be successful after a one day hair extension course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GinaLou84

Reaction score
I am due to train with Oakley soon and I'm getting worried about actually going into the extensions industry!

I am not a qualified hairdresser and I plan to take a separate cutting course after but can you really learn and be good at something you trained in for only a day?

I plan to constantly practice and practice and practice until I am confident but I'm so worried I might ruin someone's hair as I don't have the years of training that hairdressers do!

Any advice would be amazing!

Thank you so much xxx

Why don't you work one day or part time in a salon to build up your experience? I was a junior for afew years just washing hair ect I learnt more there than college! I don't think you can learn everything in one day! I deffo think your doing the right thing going on a cutting course you need to learn as much as you can before being let loose on someone's hair xx

With lots of practice, I'm glad I'd hairdressing behind me as it can be over whelming x

I did a 3 day course a few years ago. My background was nursing and I had zero hair experience. I didn't ruin anyone's hair but I certainly struggled with some aspects.

I've since realised that being a trained hairdresser is massively beneficial. There's so many hair and scalp conditions etc that isn't covered on extension courses.
I'm perfectly confident in fitting, cutting and Blending extensions and it's not that I didn't feel I was good enough, it just made me realise that to truly be the best extensionist I can be, I need to complete my hairdressing too.

I'm half way through my level 2 and living it

I'm doing mine with Oakley too in Leeds soon! I'm a qualified hairdresser though for 6 years and trained in pre bonds for 6 years with balmain. Good luck with it tho Hun I'm guessing itl just take a lot more practicing and understanding hair you'll need to do some studying! Xx

Thanks lovely ladies! I'm wondering whether I should look for hairdressing courses first now [emoji85]xxx

Thanks @P123 I hope the course goes well Hun! I'm really looking forward to it but got a dreading feeling last night about not being a trained hairdresser [emoji30] xxx

I sent one of my staff on the same course twice and she practised quite a bit in between.

Latest posts

Back