Can you colour extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bhiffy

Reaction score
have noticed today that theres a definite "line" between where my real hair ends and the extensions, the extensions are lighter than my own hair and it looks like a line across the back. Am getting it cut in the morning to try to blend them im more, but is it the best idea to get the extensions coloured or will the cut make it blend more?

Extensions can be coloured but it isn't something I would suggest you try to DIY at home. See a colour expert and they will help you out :)

Can you not go back and complain, I would.
how much did you pay for them?

Can you not go back and complain, I would.
how much did you pay for them?

I agree,
I don't think you seem very happy with these extensions , they should match perfectly, cutting may help a little but it ain't gonna alter the color . it does not sound as though you have had enough information given to you ,
are they professional ones?
list the things you are not keen on and ask your extensionalist to try and rectify the problems, talk to her / him ,

Cost £150 quid from the new wee ugandan place open in the Greenmarket, told her I wanted them to blend well, she tried the darker wones which looked too dark, but now i've washed it, theres a line at the bottom, thought it might look better if i got them cut n coloured but am i clutchin at straws here? :cry:

If your extensions are 100% human hair then yes they can be cut - coloured - permed also, but I wouldn't recommend you do the same to synthetic hair.

It will be worth the money spent to have your hair coloured & matched minus the obvious colour band & styled to suit.

HtH

XX J XX

If your extensions are 100% human hair then yes they can be cut - coloured - permed also, but I wouldn't recommend you do the same to synthetic hair.

It will be worth the money spent to have your hair coloured & matched minus the obvious colour band & styled to suit.

HtH

XX J XX

yes, they're human hair, got lady coming in the morning so fingers crossed! Thanks geeks, ur stars as usual :hug:

Cost £150 quid from the new wee ugandan place open in the Greenmarket, told her I wanted them to blend well, she tried the darker wones which looked too dark, but now i've washed it, theres a line at the bottom, thought it might look better if i got them cut n coloured but am i clutchin at straws here? :cry:

awww dont fret things will get sorted out ,
ask her about coloring them to match your natural hair as your not really happy with the colour match? put the ball in her court and ask her to help you with this , Im sure she will be able to do something to help you ,
I think you may just be panicking a little as lots of people have highlighted
hair, :hug: Really if they wash lighter she should have told you to have the darker ones,
be polite but tell her you are not happy and see what she offers ,:hug:

Dont mean to sound cheeky but they seem awfully cheap, I gave you the number of someone who has a great reputation, she may be expensive but shes good.
I think its a case of you get what you pay for sometimes.
Hope you get it sorted, theres nothing worse than being unhapy with your hair.

Dont mean to sound cheeky but they seem awfully cheap, I gave you the number of someone who has a great reputation, she may be expensive but shes good.
I think its a case of you get what you pay for sometimes.
Hope you get it sorted, theres nothing worse than being unhapy with your hair.

Wouldn't the price be based on whether it was a full - half or quarter head of extensions ?
The price for a full head here is approx $800.00, sounds like Bhiffy's were half or even quarter ?

Just a thought

XX J XX

think im gonna get them taken out to be honest. I know you get what you pay for but sometimes you can only get what you can afford...

gonna go see her first thing and see what she says

All the best with what ever you deciede

XX J XX

think im gonna get them taken out to be honest. I know you get what you pay for but sometimes you can only get what you can afford...

gonna go see her first thing and see what she says

HI there i just wondered how you got on with your extensions?
I hope you got them sorted out ok:hug:

HI there i just wondered how you got on with your extensions?
I hope you got them sorted out ok:hug:

i did, thanks Minky, posted a thread "thank you geeks", went and got them cut and they look absolutely fine, my inexperience with extensions i guess :) appreciate all you help tho, thanks again :hug:

why did this woman not custom blend the colours for you..???

the mind bogals!

Latest posts

Back