Can you do glitter fade on gels?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackRose

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I'm just curious to know if you can do glitter fades using gel or is it best to stick with doing them on acrylics?

Thanx in advance :)

heres what i do.

after prep and bonding layer, apply a thin gel in the first area you want your glitter [i start in zone 3] sprinkle on glitter,flash cure.

more gel for zone 2 overlapping the previous layer, sprinkle on glitter. flash cure.

gel in final zone overlapping the previous layer, and sprinkle glitter. full cure.

then build correct structure with clear gel cure and complete as usual

Thanks Angel Fingers,

I'll have a try & let you know how I got on :) .

I do glitter fades with gels all the time...
heres how I do it....
I mix the glitters with gel usually 2 colours..
then after applying bonder gel layer place a stripe of the first colour glitter gel onto the stress area
then do the same with the 2nd colour in zone 1
I then use a dotting tool to pull some of the gel from the stress area down towards the cuticle (I don`t take the glitter right down to the cuticle just slightly above so I don`t file the glitter away when filing the gel flush)
then do the same with the gel in zone 1 but pulling it through the 2nd glitter colour to mix them and create the fade
then use clear gel over the glitter to build apex etc and finish as usual HTH:) Hope this makes sense I`m rubbish at explaining things

kaznails said:
heres how I do it....
then after applying bonder gel layer place a stripe of the first colour glitter gel onto the stress area
I then use a dotting tool to pull some of the gel from the stress area down towards the cuticle (I don`t take the glitter right down to the cuticle just slightly above so I don`t file the glitter away when filing the gel flush)
then do the same with the gel in zone 1 but pulling it through the 2nd glitter colour to mix them and create the fade
then use clear gel over the glitter to build apex etc and finish as usual HTH:) Hope this makes sense I`m rubbish at explaining things

I've done similar.
I applied the two different colors in different zones, then dragged a toothpick back and forth between the two.
They turn out ok, but I dont find them as nice as fades down with L&P.
I have some pics, I'll try to upload them later for you.

I do a similar thing but find that i normally start in zone 3 and concentrate most of the colour there then lightly pull the brush down towards the middle then i flash cure it and start again from the free edge and drag the colour over the first one so it mixes gradually and you dont have to worry about the gel all mixing together then finish with a clear gel topcoat, HTH and makes sense.
XX:lol:

kaznails said:
heres how I do it....
Thanx Kaznails,

Don't worry I understand :) I'll also have a go at, doing it this way & see which one I prefer.

Latest posts

Back