Can you have too many choices?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_pen_x

Reaction score
Just a thought really. Do you guys think you can have too many choices of colours, nail art, additives etc? Can it be too much for our clients?

I think sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming for clients, but I'll never say you can have too much choice being a nail technician ;) With my clients during their consultation , I will ask about what style, colour, shape they would like. I advise what I think will and won't work, nicely obviously, and give them options that they may not have thought of. This then narrows down the choices and means a client doesnt spend ages deliberating. Clients can see the other colour pops I have whilst I'm showing them the chosen few, so if anything attracts their eye they can still see if there's anything else they prefer. Xxx

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

I tend to think I have too much choice, especially when it comes to shellac when you include the colours with all the additives plus glitters it can be A LOT of choice but it still doesn't stop me purchasing more colours haha

Felicity xx

When it comes to Shellac I get "Ahhhh look at all this choice! How can i possibly decide! What are you trying to do to me!"

Then they reccomend me to their friends who are still going to the 'salon in town' where "they only have about 5 choice!! How rubbish!"

Gotta love clients eh!

Plus i HAVE to have all new Shellac colours/additives/glitters 😆😲😜

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yea I'm pushing 150 pops with all the colours and additives and art I have. Wondered if I should stop? :/

Yea I'm pushing 150 pops with all the colours and additives and art I have. Wondered if I should stop? :/

I think I'm going to stop buying additives unless they are really unique and beautiful. Some clients can take ages to choose a colour which eats into appointment times x

Felicity xx

I have a 170 colours, Shellac & Artistic, plus additives, Calgel & Vinylux.
Each time a clients comes in they ask if I've got anything new! My answer is if you cant choose from this selection then your in the wrong shop!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I split my colourpops into single colours and then glitters. That immediately halves my collection as most people know if they want glitter or not. Each collection is then further split into reds/pinks, blues/purples etc which also speeds up the process (usually)!!

I think if the colours are organised then it's not a bad thing. Client can choose from
Plain colour (organised on pops in a order from French to darks)
Colour with glitter/additives
Nail art colour pops

If you'd asked me this two weeks ago I'd have said no but last week I had a client who was looking at the nail wheels while getting the colour removed and she changed her mind about 5 times up til the very second I was about to apply it (then she changed her mind again). I wasn't annoyed as she was a new client and she was 93!! Always had mauvey pinks before and she said she'd like to be a bit adventurous for a change (bless her) but I do think that if I'd have had less choice she'd have been able to decide a lot quicker!xx

Latest posts

Back