Can you train an employee?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milliondollars

Reaction score
Hi all,
Bit of a long one but...
I did a day course recently and during it the trainer said that once I was qualified (ie got my certificate) that I would then be able to train my employees and that the insurance would then cover them. I questioned her a couple of times on this as I thought it a bit strange but she was adamant that it was right. The course was in pedicures. I don't currently do pedicures as I concentrate on nails and lashes etc and I got the girls to do pedicures, but now with the rockstar toes etc getting so popular I thought I should really have a refresher and I haven't done it since college and not practiced it in 10 years or more!
Anyway, with having an underpinning knowledge of health and safety, contraindications and general foot health from my college days and subsequent training, I was confident with the day course, but I can't believe that I am now able to 'teach' this to my staff and that they will be covered by insurance? I contacted the insurance company and am waiting for them to get back to mr but was just wondering If you guys knew anything about this?
Thanks in advance for reading!
Xx

You insurance will tell you for definite but I don't think this is the case.

It's my understanding that you need to have the PTLLS qualification and have a course training specification approved by the guild in order for you to train staff. I could be wrong. There are other posts on here about this.

Thanks, have contacted them so just waiting to see what they say but seems a bit weird to me! X

Hi , you do have to be a trainer who has teaching qualifications . I know because I am a beauty therapy tutor . Insurance companies won't allow sanyone to teach and qualify people without this . Hope this helps x

Latest posts

Back