Cancellation and No Show Fees (Wavier)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsbylexi

Reaction score
Do any of you have a paper having your clients sign saying that if they pull a no show or cancel less then 24 hrs they have to pay a fee? Our Salon is trying to come up with one. Please let me know!!! Thanks!!!

I don't have something for them to sign but i do have it written on all the price lists and remind clients every now and again about it,
yes i do follow through and charge them and so far have only lost one client from doing so hth

I think 24 hrs is way too harsh ... mines 3 hours prior .... but thats just me.

I think 24 hrs is way too harsh ... mines 3 hours prior .... but thats just me.
24hrs is the norm for England
loving your avatar (or whatever they are called lol)

i just have a polite notice hanging up and just point it out to new clients and have not had to make a charge yet

some people put it on the back of ther appoinment/business cards

We have a 24 hour cancellation policy printed on our appt cards and price lists etc. It says that we will charge 50% of the treatment price unless we can resell the appointment.

If a client has broken our canc policy then we use our discretion, so if it is a regular who never misses or is poorly then we won't charge. I think you get an idea who is genuine and who isnt!

We have charged a few clients the fee and it hasnt been a problem. We require it in order to book that client another appointment. We even have clients calling to say they cant make their appointment for whatever reason and offering to pay canc fee before they are asked!

It does seem to put people off cancelling as we have had people phone up at short notice to cancel and when we point out canc fee they suddenly decide they can get here after all! I think our policy is fair as we don't charge if we can fill their space with another client.

Hi all, can I ask how do you charge the fee's in partiocular with no shows?

Do you take their payment details when they book in?

Sorry to sound daft? Just a bot confused as I want this policy for my salon

Thanks Xx:rolleyes:

I haven't got a policy in place at the moment but I have considered it in the past. However, 99% of regulars are exactly that, regular, and if one of them occasionally slips up then these are the very people who I think deserve to be let off the hook. (I use a telephone reminder for 2 of my elderly forgetful ladies and we never have a problem now.)

I find the more common type of no-show is one who is a first time client anyway, and in my experience you never hear of them again, so how can you get money out of them for not turning up in the first place?

I find I get about 1 no-show every 5/6 months so it's not something I think about much. Maybe in a salon situation having a notice up saying that a fee will be charged would help people to keep their appointments, I don't know. But it would certainly be worth a try if it was a big issue.

I have printed of my flyers a cancelation policy but ive never stuck to it i just put it there to kind of say to people in a kind way please try not to let me know short of notice or not show up at all. As i think if i said to someone who cancaled 2 hours before, you have to pay ££ as you didnt let me know earlyer they wouldnt come back again or just wouldnt pay it so i dont see much of a point. I think a good idea is that if they miss or cancel 3 or 4 appointments then they have to pay a fee or not come back again xx

Latest posts

Back