Candy cane nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kit_Cat

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'd really like to create the red/white stripe nails like candy canes that I've seen on here/Pinterest.

Any thoughts on how to do this with shellac, as is like to use ruby ritz to give a sparkle, over cream puff or studio white base. But I'm thinking ruby ritz won't be red enough without wildfire/Hollywood underneath, so I can't carve, but then if I do 2 layers of the red shades I'm worried about it being too bumpy/ridgey! Any tips on how to get it not looking so thick?! I'll go as thin as poss but I'm expecting it will still be bumpy :( any advice would be so helpful, thanks xxxx

What about doing cream puff base, use striping tape, paint red on n ruby ritz n remove tape?

I did these by painting the whole nail in Cream Puff and doing the red stripes with a nail art brush and nail art polish ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386323475.744853.jpg

Thanks guys!! I think il try both methods! Will give striping tape a try over base coat, then fill in the 'gaps' with fine brush in the other colour. Thanks again :) xxxx

I done this by doing cream puff and then ruby ritz and carving. The ruby ritz was red enough as you can see. I tried with tape and it ended up in a mess, I was better doing it this way, but you can try both and see which is easier. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386363404.623532.jpg

I did mine with 1coat of Studio white with titanium pearl, thin coat of clearly pink, 1 coat of red baroness to carve out the stripes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 591
Thanks guys, will have a practice this wknd! Like the titanium pearl look, hadn't thought of that! thanks for sharing your tips :) xxxx

I have done candy cane by doing a studio white base, then creating a glitter red (like rockstar) with irresistible glitter and decadence and used a fine brush to apply in stripes..... Another option for you.. X

These were done just using striping tape ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386441685.430189.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386544695.873312.jpg

Just sat playing tonight and came up with these - was going to try striping tape but ended up using striping brush layering wildfire and ruby ritz - did it thin and the result wasn't too bumpy!! Thanks for all your advice :) xxxx

They look perfect!

Can I ask what everyone uses to carve out? Xx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

Can I ask what everyone uses to carve out? Xx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

I either use my CND brush or dotting tool, depending on the effect. I use dsperse on a pad to wipe brush/dotting tool to help carve out neatly xxxx

And how do you calve out? This is something I haven't come across yet. Thanks xxx

Latest posts

Back