Cannot decide which LED lamp to go for

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green22

Reaction score
Hiya, I'm so stuck on which LED lamp to order My top two are the CND or the Harmony Gelish 18g. I mainly use NSI Secrets gel or nsi acrylics to a lesser extent and either CND shellac, Gelish etc but I don't know if the Harmony lamp will cure Gelish/nsi and vice versa? Then there are the cheaper lamps like Cuccio etc but are they as good? I'm currently using the Edge uv lamp which is great but looking for an upper end LED one as my cheapie one doesn't seem to be curing properly. Just wondering if anyone had any experience of these x

Hiya, I'm so stuck on which LED lamp to order My top two are the CND or the Harmony Gelish 18g. I mainly use NSI Secrets gel or nsi acrylics to a lesser extent and either CND shellac, Gelish etc but I don't know if the Harmony lamp will cure Gelish/nsi and vice versa? Then there are the cheaper lamps like Cuccio etc but are they as good? I'm currently using the Edge uv lamp which is great but looking for an upper end LED one as my cheapie one doesn't seem to be curing properly. Just wondering if anyone had any experience of these x

You will only be guaranteed correct and sufficient curing if you use the appropriate lamp to the system.

Unfortunately, it's not a case of mix and match, or trying to save a few pennies.

Hi, I'm not trying to save pennies, just trying to buy the best I can for the systems I use. I was going to go for the cnd one but the Gelish lamp has faster curing times.

This is a very common dilemma for many Techs but with a very simple answer.

As a professional technician, your insurer will require you to follow manufacturers instructions. Regardless of your own opinion, brands such as CND state that you must use their full system (inc. lamp) and if you use a different brand of lamp, they won't guarantee the product.

In effect, if you use say, a Gelish lamp for Shellac and your client subsequently develops an allergy to the products and tries to sue you, you will be stuffed because you haven't followed the manufacturers instructions. It doesn't matter that you believe the Gelish lamp is ok or even if 100 other techs say they use a non specific lamp, your insurer can simply say you're not covered because you didn't follow the manufacturers instructions. Therefore, you end up paying any costs and damages out of your own pocket.

Therefore, it makes financial sense in the long run, to stick with one or two brands at most and use the brand lamps for those systems, rather than trying to mix and match.

Thanks I never really looked at it that way. Okay so my next question is CND or Gelish? X

Thanks I never really looked at it that way. Okay so my next question is CND or Gelish? X
This is my dilemma! I currently use CND with their UV lamp. However I would like to train in hard Gel and I have no idea what to go for brand wise or who has the best lamp in case I pick soak off gel colours in other ranges that don't require a specific lamp (I say this as I've seen some neons that look fab and would be easier than using the pigments on Shellac! ) I've been trained in bt for years but only took the plunge and did CND Shellac last year... I love it but the nail world as it is now is totally blowing my mind. ... its so confusing! !! #toomuchchoice

I know! It's driving me insane I've been trying to decide for weeks and when I think 'right I'll go for CND' I panick and think oh no I'll pick Gelish instead ha ha x

It may tip the balance for you if I say that CND have recently bought out duraforce which is a tougher topcoat for those problem clients with weaker nails who want to get longer from their shellac!

If your issue is choosing brands of product, the question between CND and Gelish for me is do you want a gel formula or a power Polish? Also why don't you give both a try? Visit a nail salon that uses whatever you want and see if you can check out application. It's also very different for every formula/brand. We could go on and on about what each of us prefers but ultimately you are the one living with the choice

I have never used the same brand lamp as the products I use in all the years I have been trading and never ever had any issues

Latest posts

Back