Cannot get shiny end result, why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelle30

Reaction score
Hi I've been training at home now for about a month so basically as new as you can get. I use NSI from start to finish, however I do not have a UV light yet to cure nails so I have been trying to get a high shine from buffing but they always turn out dull or marbley why is that thanks in advance. :rolleyes:

Are you trained hun? I camt tell much from your profile?

Is it l&p or gel that you are working.

Give us geeks more info and im sure theres help here.

Are you trained hun? I camt tell much from your profile?

Is it l&p or gel that you are working.

Give us geeks more info and im sure theres help here.

hi no not trained in acrylic or gels for nails but I am in manicure and peds. And I've just updated profile with more info lol
Is l&p Liquids and Powders if so yes I use NSI momomer and powders radiant pink radiant white and totally clear. I have Dura files 100/150/180, Then smooth and buff.
But literally every time I finish they never shine

hi no not trained in acrylic or gels for nails but I am in manicure and peds. And I've just updated profile with more info lol
Is l&p Liquids and Powders if so yes I use NSI momomer and powders radiant pink radiant white and totally clear. I have Dura files 100/150/180, Then smooth and buff.
But literally every time I finish they never shine

Why don't you do an NSI L+P course, they will give you all the answers you need and you'll be qualified, are you offering these to paying clients?

Why don't you do an NSI L+P course, they will give you all the answers you need and you'll be qualified, are you offering these to paying clients?

They do do courses for NSI quite close to me ranging from a one day to 5 days but it is hundreds of pounds which at the mo is totally out of my reach.
I have not practised on any living soul apart from myself and a training hand but just wondered why I can't get the end result to be shiny. I've bought nsi glaze and go and hopefully can get a lamp in the next week but until then im manual buffing. So where am I going wrong.

I only know buffers and blocks by colours as i cannot deal with numbers very well.

They do do courses for NSI quite close to me ranging from a one day to 5 days but it is hundreds of pounds which at the mo is totally out of my reach.
I have not practised on any living soul apart from myself and a training hand but just wondered why I can't get the end result to be shiny. I've bought nsi glaze and go and hopefully can get a lamp in the next week but until then im manual buffing. So where am I going wrong.

Without wanting to sound rude , it's pointless investing money into products and equipment if you are not going to do a proper training course somewhere so you can learn exactly how to use everything properly . Saving up and taking a course is the best thing you can do right now if you want to be successful with nail enhancements x

Without wanting to sound rude , it's pointless investing money into products and equipment if you are not going to do a proper training course somewhere so you can learn exactly how to use everything properly . Saving up and taking a course is the best thing you can do right now if you want to be successful with nail enhancements x

Oh yes I'm deffinately saving and do plan on the course sooner rather than later

Hi, I use Glaze & Go and it is fantastic. But u need a lamp. You can get a 9 Watt lamp that will do the same job but takes double the curing time. They are quite cheap. But if you buy off the internet, make sure it has the correct voltage for your area. You really need to seal your acrylics as they are porous and the gel finish coat isn't. Nothing is as shiny as gel, but you could try a normal nail polish top coat for now.

Catesnails is right, use a normal top coat and you'll get the shine. But you do need to be qualified and certified to be doing enhancements on clients, so please don't be charging people for enhancements until you have done a course, it'll also help you understand the mistakes you're making. Good luck in getting the money together soon. X

Thanks guys don't worry. I won't be doing anybody else's nails. I wont wven do the kids i don't there not old enough anyway. In the long run i just wanted to be able to do my own to save the cost of going every 3 weeks. I had another go yesterday took my time, checked my ratio, adjusted my filing, checked my line of sight. All tips off here and guess what. Had better results. Even had a shiny finish. Nothing like glaze and go but was so pleased with myself. I am going to get a lamp. 36W 4 lights. They seem the best and the glaze and go is already on its way so thank you everyone :D

Latest posts

Back