Can't do French sculpt using Popits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corn_pops

Reaction score
Hello ladies and guys.

This is a very 'newbie' question probably. I can do without any hazzle acrylic nails using forms or traditional tip with l&p. Last year, I took a fast course of how to use dual system with acrylic, well to be honest my teacher only explain to me how I can sculpt a french in the popit, no problem with that either, my problem comes when I place the popit and press it on the natural nail, when I do that the pink acrylic run out and the smile line (with the white acrylic) becomes a mess :cry: :cry: :cry: .

I have saw plenty of videos on youtube, and I do exactly the same way, but on youtube videos the pink acrylic doesn,t run out and ruin the smile line like it is happening to me :cry: .

Any help?

Do you let the white set? If I'm doing french, or even glitter tips etc, you can do this stage in advance. Then add your pink or clear, what ever you are using, and adhere to the nail using this "wet" acrylic. If the white is set, it shouldn't mess up the smile line.

Hope this makes sense? xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi ladies.

Thanks for replies.

TheRealMrsGrey
I have tried several things, trying to find out the "trick" to avoid my smile line get ruined. I have tried with both acrylic wet, I have tried with the white acrylic completely dry then I put the pink or clear in the rest of the dual form, and when I press it on the natural nail, the wet pink or clear acrylic still push up the white one which is already dry..and again, the smile line gets ruined :irked: is weird...honestly, I don,t know why this happens to me.

katie d
I am able to work the traditional way (with tips and sculpted on forms), no problem with it, in fact all my acrylic services are the traditional way, clients are happy with the results, but I do know I need to improve my timings (it takes me 2 hours to complete a full set :cry: with nail art). Well, I,m trying to catch all type of clients, some clients don,t have 2 hours to spend for acrylics, and one of the way i can attract those type of clients to one of my services, is offering acrylic nails with dual forms, which a full set (not sculpted, but with tips and dual forms) takes me between 30-45 minutes to complete. I was planning to offer this service as "express L&P" for those clients with no time available, so that,s why I am so interested in find the trick to sculpt in dual form without ruining the smile line when i put it on the nail bed and press for 15 seconds :cry:

Hello ladies.

Just an update here :biggrin: I finally found a way to use dual system forms and not ruining the smile line, I followed TheRealMrsGrey suggestion letting the white to set and dry completely and after put an extremely thin layer of clear acrylic around the border line of the already set white, let it dry and finally put the pink wet and press the form on the natural nail. It did work this way perfectly, the clear thin layer didn,t allow the pink to ruin my white.

Back