Can't find real friends

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm only 18 and feel like I have no friends :( I have the girls at work who I get on with but I wouldn't see them out of work, and I do still keep in touch with my best friend from school but as she has children she only ever seems to wanna be friends with people that have also got kids which I can completely understand but it's like why push me away for not bein a mum too? She's always cancelling plans :(
All I have is my family and my fiancé but it's embarrassin how his friends will invite us along for a drink or whatever and ill be the only girl and feel pushed out from that too
I just feel a bit lost. I went from having loads of 'friends' in college and school to now it just being me :( x

I did all the mother and baby groups with my two daughters but where I live I find women to be very false and jealous and competitive. I live in an affluent area and the women here like to think they're all footballers wives (champagne lifestyle but up to their arses in debt trying to keep up with the Joneses). They spend the day at the country club while the nannies look after the kids and cleaners clean their homes.

I'm an Aussie which doesn't help matters as I say it as it is. I'm not into false air kissing and pretending to be something I'm not.

I do think it's me sometimes though. Because I've never had a true friend, when I meet someone new I look for the good points & put that person in a bubble/pedis tool because they've helped me/were nice/had something in common then when they say or do something I don't like & continue to do it I see a different side to them & feel let down/betrayed

I'm only 18 and feel like I have no friends :( I have the girls at work who I get on with but I wouldn't see them out of work, and I do still keep in touch with my best friend from school but as she has children she only ever seems to wanna be friends with people that have also got kids which I can completely understand but it's like why push me away for not bein a mum too? She's always cancelling plans :(
All I have is my family and my fiancé but it's embarrassin how his friends will invite us along for a drink or whatever and ill be the only girl and feel pushed out from that too
I just feel a bit lost. I went from having loads of 'friends' in college and school to now it just being me :( x

Aww Naomi I totally get where you're coming from as my gorgeous 19 year old niece is in the exact same position and like you feels left out when she goes out with her boyfriends mates. It doesn't help that where she works is mainly older women too so its not like she's gonna meet young girls there unfortunately. Luckily she does have 2 older sisters that she can go clubbing with sometimes but my main worry with her is sometimes me and her mum (my big sis) worry that she's sticking with her boyfriend who's not all that great coz she feels like she hasn't got anyone else. It's so hard isn't it :( I would encourage you to get more friendly with the girls from work, go out with them (they may be completely different out of work!) and they may bring along other girl friends that you might get along great with too. x

I did all the mother and baby groups with my two daughters but where I live I find women to be very false and jealous and competitive. I live in an affluent area and the women here like to think they're all footballers wives (champagne lifestyle but up to their arses in debt trying to keep up with the Joneses). They spend the day at the country club while the nannies look after the kids and cleaners clean their homes.

I'm an Aussie which doesn't help matters as I say it as it is. I'm not into false air kissing and pretending to be something I'm not.

What about mums round the school? Are they wannabe wags too? Surely there's someone nice?! These stuck up women probably only have superficial friendships anyway (they wanna keep in with anyone that might help them climb the ladder). I'd much prefer the straight talking Aussie myself ;) xx

What about mums round the school? Are they wannabe wags too? Surely there's someone nice?! These stuck up women probably only have superficial friendships anyway (they wanna keep in with anyone that might help them climb the ladder). I'd much prefer the straight talking Aussie myself ;) xx

Yes a lot of them are, and the ones who aren't have hairy legs, armpits, eat a macrobiotic diet and are librarians. Lol.

I've tested a few of the mums out on a friendship level but unfortunately haven't had any luck for one reason or another. Problem is, I don't take any crap which doesn't seem to suit most people.

I'm a pathological loner and always have been as I find it easier to plan things on my own most of the time. I also don't trust people, probably after having had a few bad experiences.
I find that too many people see acquaintances as friends and are subsequently disappointed when these 'friends' fail to live up to this definition of them.
I like interacting with people, I'm very talkative, but I like it to be kept on a level where there can be a fulfilling discussion with people whose interest in a subject I share. I don't need these same people to be in my life too much or invade my personal space.
I have my boyfriend, my beloved cat and my hobbies which mean a lot more to me than people whose presence in my life is nothing more than transitory.

Many of us have acquaintances but it's as the years go by that some of these acquaintances become friends. I think it should be a privilege to be someone's best friend and I also believe a person needs to earn a friendship for it to be truly appreciated. I have my husband, kids, pets and one best friend and that's all I need. Acquaintances come and go but true friends stay xx

I'm the same. It was my birthday yesterday and I didn't get one text, phone call or card from a friend. Why? Cause it would appear that I don't really have any. I have bought numerous presents and cards this year for so called friends birthdays and yesterday just made their friendship so much clearer to me: non existent.

I'm not feeling sorry for myself or bitter. I'm thankful I don't have to listen to their crap anymore now. "Friends" always seem to let me down. Have now washed my hands off the last remaining ones. Next time they want a favour they can kiss my arse.

Aaaaw, Happy Birthday! *hugs*

I have a best friend who I have been friends with since we were 11 & we're now 38. We are there for each other & would drop everything if one of us needed the other. Apart from her I have about 5 good friends who I get together with every now & then and I've known them for between 10 & 15 years and we accept that life gets in the way of girls nights out etc but when we do meet up its like bo time has passed & we pick up where we left off. Then I have a group of aquantances from various times in life who I'll meet occasionally. I thought I'd meet likeminded mums at the baby/toddler groups I've been to but not really clicked with anyone. But I'm happy with the life I have & friends I have. But am always open to meet new friends. :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back