Can't get hold of client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovelygirl85

Reaction score
Hi girls

A girl got in touch with me on Sunday (via fb) to book an appointment for tonight at 8pm. All was fine. The next day after I forgot I hadn't asked for a mobile number. No reply to this.

Tried again last night and it seems her fb account has been shut down as when I try to message her back it just comes up saying account invalid.

I don't know what to do! I've had a few enquiries for spray tans etc tonight and not sure if I should take them on as I can't confirm with the girl??

What would you do?

It sounds like she has either blocked you, had her fb closed or shes closed it herself.
I had a lady on fb ask if she can have a spray tan, told her how much and she said what times i have available n got no reply. The same lady asked about facials n the same happened. Bloody annoying when it happens.

It's just annoying as I could be having other clients this evening and making money instead of waiting for some girl who may or may not show up??
My husband now wants to nip out for a wee bit tonight to see a pal who's leaving for travelling on Sunday and I feel bad that he has to hold off until the back of 8 in case this girl appears (we have a little girl who may or may not be in bed at this time)

I think I'd give her until 8.15 to see if she's coming but I hate the waiting around. Plus I need to heat up my wax, get everything prepared for someone who may not come??

Oh god yeh that's pretty annoying. I would prob try a couple of times more today. N wait till 8.10 if no show then just go. But I guess u have to get wax n stuff ready incase she does turn up.

I agree with the other poster, it's very annoying but you have to prepare yourself in case she does turn up, even though it all sounds bit dodgy. in future book with contact numbers...but bear in mind even that doesn't guarantee being able to get hold of them or them turning up, you just get this kind of thing happen :-( xx

I would take it as she not going to turn up.

If she really wanted the apt she would be in contact with you to confirm things.

I would take it as she not going to turn up.

If she really wanted the apt she would be in contact with you to confirm things.
I wouldn't risk it, if you have taken a booking, regardless of how or if you are now able to get in touch, you have to assume they will turn up and be prepared even if sadly they don't turn up. x

If it was me I would still presume she is going to turn up, it would be very annoying if she didn't but then she might turn up and say she had to close her account for another reason x

Thanks girls!
Miraculously her facebook has now worked and she's messaged me asking if she can bring her daughter along!

Thanks girls!
Miraculously her facebook has now worked and she's messaged me asking if she can bring her daughter along!

That's good then! It's unnerving when you can't get hold of someone to confirm! How old is her daughter ? That's a real peeve of mine. At least she's been in touch though!! c

Oh that's good n you get 2 customers instead of 1 lol

I feel for you :-(
I know exactly how this feels!
I do hair extensions from home and what I do is everything morning I contact all of my clients (viatext) and confirm the appointment as I usually have 9-10am starts and I usually have to pick up the hair from my local supplier at about 6-7am. I don't buy hair in bulk as i've just started off. It's happened to me about 3 times in the same week where a client says they're coming the night before and i end up buying the hair and then they dont show up :( I buy the hair for $150 so it's a big loss for me as they just lay around until i need them for the next client... What I do now is a have a pre-extension appointment guidline document and i state that my clients should come with product free clean hair and i also state that they need to give me a $150 deposit on the consultation/colour match appointment and pay the rest o application appointment. I don't refund the deposit if the client doesn't give me notice that they wont be coming, i do refund if my client tells me they want to re schedule or have changed their minds. It does sound about stingy to clients but lots of home based hair extension businesses/ salons are doing this now for security. That way you can guarantee the client to actaully come to their appointment that way I can fit it more jobs in a day and won't have to worry about loosing money or waiting around for nothing.
You should tell your clients when they book in that if you don't confirm on the day then you will take in other clients. There's nothing wrong with being up front but nice about it because if you're too nice in the biz world/ beauty industry you'll get stepped on!

Latest posts

Back