Cant wait but scared- job opportunity!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sambam

Reaction score
Im so happy and excited!
A job opportunity has come up for me to work self employed in a salon! Its a unit in a mill and shes done a lovely job and looks really nice. But its off the beaten track.
The thing im scared about is not getting many clients with it not being on the main road. Ive read threads about advertising so im going to give out lots of leaflets but on the other hand ive heard there isnt much response from them. My questions are: has anyone else worked in this kind of situation? what kind of advertising do you do? And if so how did it go if you dont mind me asking?
On top of all that i havent a clue about tax!!!!
Thanks geekies!!!!!

Think about this ... there are loads of mobile geeks and geeks working from home and they all seem to be making a success of it and are well and truly off the beaten track. You therefore will get very little walk in trade, so will have to advertise heavily to get yourself "seen". My best results come from Yellow Pages, ThomsonLocal, and yell.com, all else is very hit and miss.

Tax in another issue, get in touch with your small business unit at your local tax office and they will tell you all you need to know - they won't try to catch you out, believe you me they fall over backwards to help, and it's all FREE!

Thanks Sassy!

Im going to do a leaflet drop (hey i can exercise at the same time!!) in all the surrounding areas and see what happens. Thankfully ive got a few friends who are younger than me that have said they will send them round college! I really hope this works. I cant wait! Thanks again Sass!xxxxxxx

Good Luck, Let Us Know How You Get On.

I found a really good place to stick up leaflets is insurance offices etc, they usually have a main notice board are I stuck one up there 3 weeks ago and have had quite a few calls from just one leaflet, if the place you are working at is off the beaten track as you say, maybe print up a map on your leaflet giving directions. HTH

good luck,keep us posted :)

sambam said:
But its off the beaten track. The thing im scared about is not getting many clients with it not being on the main road.
It isn't always a problem with not being on a main road.
I used to go to see a beauty therapist who was 5-6 miles away in the country, it was situated at a health farm, she was an excellent therapist and had a very busy appointment book too.
If you can get a good reputation then word will soon spread.
Add that to well thought out advertising and the clients will come, honestly.
Sounds like a fab opportunity for you xx

Aw thanx for the advice guys!
Gonna make a kick ass leaflet now. Yay im so excited!! xxx

Latest posts

Back