Caramel highlites gone white

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellishairbeauty

Reaction score
Had a customer over xmas come with box tinted hair (red probably 6.46 majerel)
Who wanted caramel highlites with chcolate brown flood.
I applied foils with bleach and low vol (dont have record card on me) and flooded with 5.0. Foil result was level 8 light orange/dark yellow. I applied diarichesse 8.12 for 15 mins ish and results were true caramel.
She has called today to say her highlites have gone white. Especially around the temples. These seemed to the the areas which were struggling to lift. She has said she hasnt been using a medicated shampoo or sun in or a otc blonde shampoo. Ive offered to re tone but should i be offering this service for free when she left with tru caramel and 2 weeks later its white. Also has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks.

Kind Regards, Ellis :)

There's no way her orange yellow starting point before toner could have gone white without silver shampoo, if the caramel toner (am I right in thinking u mean sort of a gold blonde for caramel?) has washed out it would still be rather gold underneath because of the natural pigment?

There's no way her orange yellow starting point before toner could have gone white without silver shampoo, if the caramel toner (am I right in thinking u mean sort of a gold blonde for caramel?) has washed out it would still be rather gold underneath because of the natural pigment?

Yes kahuna it was golden caramel. Im baffled, im thinkin she must of used some sort of cheap sun in spray or shampoo im not sure? X

Ask what shampoo she did use

She elvive volume shampoo. Im not clued up on otc stuff... ? X

Most OTC shampoos will strip colour the worst culprits are herbal essence & head and shoulders just maybe offer to tone it again and just charge for the toner & blowdry rather than a whole service price, then ask some probing questions lol 😉 she may have been on hols in the sun or used a different shampoo she forgot about, I usually catch people out by asking probing questions lol

Most OTC shampoos will strip colour the worst culprits are herbal essence & head and shoulders just maybe offer to tone it again and just charge for the toner & blowdry rather than a whole service price, then ask some probing questions lol 😉 she may have been on hols in the sun or used a different shampoo she forgot about, I usually catch people out by asking probing questions lol

Thanks for the help. Yes there usually is something theyve forgot haha! Thank u xx

Latest posts

Back