Unhappy client issue and needing some advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All finished, but I'm going to fly in the face of general opinion. Following her email I'd have said something like "sorry about the misunderstanding, your next t is on me. I'd suggest leaving it 8 weeks+ for next application".

Yeah, she's probably a tryer (and god knows there are plenty of them), but I always keep my eye on the end goal which has to be that she goes away happy and comes back every six weeks forever. By taking the higher (and I'm not denying probably just) ground I reckon you've lost this client forever.

In my alone we have a "three strikes and out" policy for most problems - tryers, no-shows, etc.

Just an opinion, always learning!

We allow a maximum of two weeks for clients to return for changes, free of charge - however this is a gesture of goodwill and because we want to provide a great service. But I dislike this consumer attitude of being 'entited', probably a result of 'the customer is always right' thinking.

Luckly most of my customers WANT to pay when I make changes for them, and when I don't let them they often tip generously!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

All finished, but I'm going to fly in the face of general opinion. Following her email I'd have said something like "sorry about the misunderstanding, your next t is on me. I'd suggest leaving it 8 weeks+ for next application".

Yeah, she's probably a tryer (and god knows there are plenty of them), but I always keep my eye on the end goal which has to be that she goes away happy and comes back every six weeks forever. By taking the higher (and I'm not denying probably just) ground I reckon you've lost this client forever.

In my alone we have a "three strikes and out" policy for most problems - tryers, no-shows, etc.

Just an opinion, always learning!

But would that not make it look like shes admitting fault if she done that xx

Hopefully she will not re book and go somewhere else!

Hi read this story with lots of interest, although not the same, but I fitted hair extensions, 5 weeks later apparently the color didn't match any longer ( obviously her own hair on top had faded) , although I have replied and refuted her claim of a refund, I gave just received papers from small claims court. I swear on my life I will do time before I give her back her money, how are we as stylists/extensionists not protect from crazy clients ?

Loxy that is terrible! I take a lot of pictures of my work like a lot of other hairdressers if u do the same would look back through and find her hair pic! I would also look in to this small claim google the company and search the any ref number or call them...i bet she knocked up the letter her self to scare u in to a refund! 5weeks is ridiculous to only just notice ur hair is a different colour

No it's defo from small claims court, absolutely ridiculous I have all the fb messages which I screenshot where she slagged me off called me fat, ugly b..... Sent her a reply so how the hell after getting that letter anyone can take up her claim then seriously no point in being in business, I have 139 reviews on my page all 5 star then this idiot starts...Nevermind I'll send u all pics while I sit in the slammer cos I'm not paying her lol

Loxy i wouldnt pay her either and i doubt she will win her case she just needed her colour refreshing as after 5weeks u need ur colour doing! Make sure u print all the messages out i can do her for slander

Yeah she's not getting a penny, have messages saying she loves it then this

If u have messages sting she loves it she wont have a chance in court haha! I wouldn't worry hun

Anyone can take out a claim in the County (small claims) court. You just fill in a form and pay a fee.
No solicitors required but either party can engage one. However, you're unlikely to be re-imbursed their fees even if/when you win.

However, the appellant still has to prove their case. What is she trying to argue?

Just annoying

Hi read this story with lots of interest, although not the same, but I fitted hair extensions, 5 weeks later apparently the color didn't match any longer ( obviously her own hair on top had faded) , although I have replied and refuted her claim of a refund, I gave just received papers from small claims court. I swear on my life I will do time before I give her back her money, how are we as stylists/extensionists not protect from crazy clients ?

How awful! I have a statement on my consultation saying that it is up to the client to check that they are happy with the result and fitting before leaving me and it's always signed by the client.

God there's some horrible people out there with nothing better to do! Keep us informed! Xx

O...m... g..... Some people have far to much time in there hands. .......Small claims? ?? She is nuts lol x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

The only thing I can Add to the op is when the client first contacted you saying she wasn't happen I would have mentioned there would be a charge not just left her assume! Something along the lines of .. No problem that's fine if you want to go light it will be £xx for a t section and blow dry let me know when you would like booking in?
That why there is no confusion!

I'm sorry but 2 weeks is a long time, you'd know after 1 week and I think that's reasonable. 2 weeks and the colour will have changed slightly from when it was fresh with tiny bit of regrowth.

As for the reaction, may that came from a product used in the salon, maybe shampoo, or styling product. Not necessarily the colour.

Her response is ridiculous, she's saying that basically you should keep doing it for free every 2 weeks until she's satisfied, which I suspect she never would be.

Latest posts

Back