Card readers-do you add on a percentage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeautyRoomClinic

Reaction score
After just over 3 years in business I have Just received my first card reader yay! (It's from Izettle)
My main question is do any of you ask for a minimum spend? for example; card payments exepted on treatments over £x amount, or do you add a on a percentage charge? for example; card payments will incur a 2% charge
Any feedback or suggestions would be fab thanks

I increased my prices by 50p which covered the cost of transaction fee and montly rental averaged across the average number of clients per month using the system. Was a gamble in the beginning how many would use it (I've had mine in various guises for 9 years) but now I'd say 80% use my card payment system

Hi Trinity, Yes I'm definitely planning a price increase next April as I haven't changed them since I first opened, At the moment all my clients pay cash or cheque as they know I don't have card so to begin with it will probably be new clients who will use it until word spreads to my regular clients

I just suck it up. I find it offensive to be charged to use a card and as a business you should price accordingly. If you do a lot if card transactions, you would be better moving over to monthly rental eventually. Once you have a card machine, you'll find clients spend more x

I don't as clients always end up spending more because I have my machine - I don't accept AMEX any longer though as its a charge in itself but I accept every other credit/debit card which everyone one has. I have just recently purchased a izettle machine for external events but I won't be charging clients for this x

I don't charge and use izettle. It's definitely helped my business, easier for clients and the money's in the bank pretty quickly.

Latest posts

Back