Careers in hairdressing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mogwy

Reaction score
Hi im starting on my frist hair coures in sept and iv allready been given my first asignment (nice of them lol) I need to find out about different enviroments that hairdressers can work in such as;

Hospitals
Salons
Cruise ships
Hotels
TV/theatre
Department stores
Training Centres
At home
Health farms
Retail

If any1 has worked in any of these areas and could tell me about the pros and cons, as well as what difarens that the different enviroment makes I would be very greatfull. :)

I need first had info for the task.

Last edited:
In hospitals/homes etc, it is different because often the main part of the job is to lift someones spirits and make them feel better bout their image cos lets face it u dont really feel hot in hospital. . also you would have to be aware of health and safety implications and ensure correct hygiene protocols were followed to ensure u dont contribute to ill health of patients. . working in a salon rocks because your employer has a large role to play in ensuring u maintain ur skills by going on courses etc. . x

Thank you thats great. I had not thought of the feel good side of it.

Can anyone think of any where I could look or call to find more info of this?

I remember this from when i did nursing and im also a support worker, i like to think i blur the lines between the proffession. like i have managed to get my boss to offer special rates for people with disabilities and for those who cant come to the salon i go do their hair in my own time. .
in hospitals where people have been either hospitalised for a long time, or even short stay patients who may not have been able to keep themselves looking as well as theyd like, feeling better and more positive about themselves has been known (i'd love to say proven but dont have figures lol) to speed up recovery. . Felling good on the outside equals feeling better on the inside. .
i really wish i still had some of those books to give u more info. . good luck tho. . x

Your input is really helpfull thank you so much. Its really good to get this kind of feed back. It sounds like you enjoy what you do.

Latest posts

Back