Cat owners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's off to the vets tomorrow morning. I know they will help resolve whatever issue she has as they are fantastic. I really hope it's a simple case of she has such and such and her are her Meds. Poor baba. Either that or she was getting her revenge for me eyeing up the Italian greyhound on crufts. Ifs she's not careful I will trade her in haha.

Edited to add that her cheeks stink to the high heavens as well but my other two ladies are absolutely fine and smell as little lady kitties should.

Last edited:
She sounds like she is highly stressed out her little paws.
Look at getting or speak to the vet about pheromones they make plug in

Good luck

She sounds like she is highly stressed out her little paws.
Look at getting or speak to the vet about pheromones they make plug in

Good luck

Awww no I really hope she is not a stressed baba and I don't know why she would be stressed as her and my other two get on very well, like sisters. She has lots of play time and knows she can take herself off elsewhere in the home to be by herself if she wants. She is always purring and is the first one to greet me when I get up or in from work.

I do prefer that they stay in as I don't trust other humans not to hurt them or even the local Tom cats as they will go for neutered females.

Thank you all for your help and kind words I will let you know what the vet says tomorrow and I really hope it's an easy issue to resolve so she goes back to her little monkey ways.

Aww, bless her heart. Here's hoping it isn't nothing that isn't easily fixed.

My kitties don't go out, and they're perfectly happy and content. I agree on the safety issue. Plus, there's been a lot of kitty and dog napping for a long time where I am. Better safe than sorry.

(Make sure it isn't the food too. A lot of the food in vets the reps and vets get a greater deal from the sales than the actual animal eating it. The first free ingredients are the most important. Animal derivatives, maize, and rice are a common huge regular no no.)

Just a little update. Been to the vets and I have very very stressed out little kitty. We have determined it's been caused by a combination of her getting stuck in next doors garden about 3 weeks ago and the chaps coming round to insulate the house.

Feliway is on order for delivery tomorrow morning as the vets were out of stock and if she still hasn't calmed down or at least started to by this time next week I'm to take her back as she may well have an infection caused by the stress but he thinks we have caught her in time.

I can't believe I have let her suffer like this. Feeling very guilty about all of this.

Curtains will be washed again tonight so already for her not to hopefully puddle on them again. Will wash with biological gel as that's supposed to really help in removing puddle odour and distilled vinegar. If nothing else I can say the curtains have had a good wash these past few weeks haha.

That's good you know what's wrong with her. The feliway is great and hopefully will do the trick. I'd tell you not to feel guilty as it's difficult to tell when they aren't well but I'm always the same with mine.

Vet did say that cats are the creatures that are least likely to show signs of stress or illness. And she is such a sweet little mite. They all want to give her a fuss whenever she goes in. This is what she looks like and her name is Apricot. I think she was half grooming half doing kitty gymnastics there haha

Attachments

• 1457863551205.jpg
    1457863551205.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 29
And this is what she looked like the day I got her home

Attachments

• 1457863671883.jpg
    1457863671883.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 27
She's a sweetie and her name is appropriate [emoji4]
My boy got bitten by a snake and got a nasty infection and his eye was being pushed out. The infection quickly spread and he was very poorly. Ended up in the emergency pet hospital overnight twice and we almost lost him as he got pneumonia. He pulled through then we discovered he has asthma so he gets an inhaler every day now and antihistamines as he sometimes gets a skin allergy too!
He swallowed a needle last year and needed to go in as I saw it lodged in the back of his throat.
I think it's fair to say he's used several of his nine lives already...

Just a little update. Been to the vets and I have very very stressed out little kitty. We have determined it's been caused by a combination of her getting stuck in next doors garden about 3 weeks ago and the chaps coming round to insulate the house.

Feliway is on order for delivery tomorrow morning as the vets were out of stock and if she still hasn't calmed down or at least started to by this time next week I'm to take her back as she may well have an infection caused by the stress but he thinks we have caught her in time.

I can't believe I have let her suffer like this. Feeling very guilty about all of this.

Curtains will be washed again tonight so already for her not to hopefully puddle on them again. Will wash with biological gel as that's supposed to really help in removing puddle odour and distilled vinegar. If nothing else I can say the curtains have had a good wash these past few weeks haha.

Shame I did think she was showing signs of stress hence my comment to you before and suggestion to get feliway. It differs in each country.
I worked at a vet for years and my dad is a vet and I do animal behaviourist work training for new puppies and mostly cats hence my comment Which may come across as too strong or offensive.

Hope your kitten calms soon.
And she gets back to being a happy kitty Kat! Xx

@nailpod no your comments were not harsh at all and thank you for your help. I just wanted her checked over just in case it was an infection or something.

We have just been out in harden and she has been trembling and hiding but coming out when I have been doing the weeding.

How long does it take for them to start calming down do you know? Xx

The feliway is a pheromone which is similar to that of the "mommy cat" so basically it helps to put your kitty at ease and feel safe. The issue you said was with work you had done on your house? The noise might have been very loud and if she is timid it also might have scared her a lot.
So hopefully this will encourage her to relax.

Oh it depends but they should be feeling the effects soon each case differed but weird it in the kennels before housing cats and it helped to relax them so that was immediate but your kitty has a learnt habit she has to now un learn so fingers crossedxxx

Just a little update that apricot is on the mend and definitely starting to become her very loving cuddly self again. Her cheeks are less stinky and her paws for less sweaty.

Washed the curtains again and put some grapefruit essential oil on them and that appears to have done the trick. Also the feliway seems to have relaxed them all as they are all a little purrier and not had any scratching yay haha

Yay [emoji192]

Just a little update that apricot is on the mend and definitely starting to become her very loving cuddly self again. Her cheeks are less stinky and her paws for less sweaty.

Washed the curtains again and put some grapefruit essential oil on them and that appears to have done the trick. Also the feliway seems to have relaxed them all as they are all a little purrier and not had any scratching yay haha
That's great news [emoji4]
My boy was a bit grouchy today and had a few swipes at his sister and then I noticed he was leaving puddles again so he's back to the vet tomorrow.

Still puddling on one curtain and not the other so will wash second curtain and sprinkle some more grapefruit oil on it. Maybe she was sensing the whole job situation that I have going on at the minute. After all cats are highly intuitive.

Still puddling on one curtain and not the other so will wash second curtain and sprinkle some more grapefruit oil on it. Maybe she was sensing the whole job situation that I have going on at the minute. After all cats are highly intuitive.

Very! They pick up on the energies and emotions like that[emoji108]

Very sensitive animals, if a child is crying in fear or sadness a cat will start meowing and crying too!

Just a little update on buba apricot. Back to the vets this morning and they have confirmed its stress and now i have the challenge of getting her untrained of puddling on curtains. She is also now on the kitty version of kalms. Poor poor baby. Have also just taken out insurance for the three of them.

Just a little update on buba apricot. Back to the vets this morning and they have confirmed its stress and now i have the challenge of getting her untrained of puddling on curtains. She is also now on the kitty version of kalms. Poor poor baby. Have also just taken out insurance for the three of them.
I hope she's ok. My boy still isn't well so the next step is weekly acupuncture to see if that helps. He seems happy and content but still using the shower as a litter tray.

Latest posts

Back