Changing my salon software

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani Richie

Reaction score
Hi everyone, as you might know I'm a big i-Salon fan and have been using the software a while, but due to business not doing great recently, I'm considering going for a free software package instead. I'm having to cut costs all over the place and would rather this not be one of them, but it seems there might be no other way :( I'll be gutted because I've loved it and know how to use it etc, my staff are used to it as well, but I don't really know what else to do.

What would you do if it was you? I'm so stuck and I don't know where else I could cut costs.

Hey there things are tough at moment , we are struggling abit !
I have reduced my retail stock, just hold the minimum, but my wholesaler is local if I run out! Keep check on gas / electric insurance etc , you can save a fair amount by shopping around
Stock wastage
Maybe obvious but my staff were terrible for coming into work dressed for summer then wacking heating up etc....
Telephone bills
Bank charges it all adds up
X

Hey there things are tough at moment , we are struggling abit !
I have reduced my retail stock, just hold the minimum, but my wholesaler is local if I run out! Keep check on gas / electric insurance etc , you can save a fair amount by shopping around
Stock wastage
Maybe obvious but my staff were terrible for coming into work dressed for summer then wacking heating up etc....
Telephone bills
Bank charges it all adds up
X

sorry to hear you're struggling too. I don't know about you but this time of year is quite quiet for me usually, but even more so this year. I don't know if I'm just panicking too much, but I think I definitely need to get my accounts in order. I don't want to be wasting money and then be struggling even more in future.

Salon management is a tough job isn't it!

Who do you use for insurance? Think it's pretty reasonable what we've got at the moment. We are paying a lot for gas and electric though even though we were promised it would be a fixed tariff. They always find ways to squeeze extra out of you don't they?
I've cut back as much as I can with stock, I'm pretty good at keeping track and so don't get much waste thankfully.
Do you use computerised booking or anything? I'm really in two minds but it's coming up for renewal so I need to make a decision. The tough bit is that I can't really try out a new one first. I'm scared I'll get rid of i-Salon and then hate the new one. :sad:

Latest posts

Back