Changing skincare range and launching it

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little-miss-owl

Reaction score
Hey Geeks

How many of you have decided to change the skincare range that you offer your clients in your salon?

I am just about to change mine and I need a battle plan as to how to launch the new one, which I am very excited about.

Just asking on here for peoples experiences and if there is anything I might not have thought of marketing wise, or potential problem wise.

Many thanks!

What brand will you be switching to?

I've got a new brand in and have been offering free samples (i.e. eye make up remover to clients who wear heavy eye make up etc).

I'm also doing a free cleanse, tone and moisturise with a skin analysis to clients.

Michelle x

What brand will you be switching to?

I've got a new brand in and have been offering free samples (i.e. eye make up remover to clients who wear heavy eye make up etc).

I'm also doing a free cleanse, tone and moisturise with a skin analysis to clients.

Michelle x

Getting in Decleor :hug: x

I would also like to know about this. We are just bringing MONU skincare at our salon to a lot of dedicated elemis ladies so we need to make sure everyone knows about it and it goes off with a bang!

Ask the distributor for advice and support with the launch. I'm more than happy to support our salons in getting the word out. Last Tuesday I attended a skincare evening in Southampton to demonstrate our facial range and to answer questions about the treatments and the products.
I consider it to be part of my role as distributor. It's a symbiotic relationship: if our salons do well so will we.

As Lynne says, the best bet is to ask your rep. My Decleor rep was amazing at helping me to get going, and still after 6 years is visiting me every 6 weeks to inform me of what's new and upcoming, do the continual in house product training for new launches and to help suggest ideas for promoting business.

Decleor have a lot of support for salons, and are great at providing posters, strut-cards, testers, stands, gift-with-purchases etc that can help boost your trade. Without doing they've been the best skincare company I've ever worked with, and the best for continual support!

You've come in at at a good time - 2014 is the 40th anniversary of Decleor, and there's some great new products coming out through the year, and a new treatment launch!

Keep on being excited about it. We changed about 2 years ago. I was really excited about doing the training etc, so would be telling clients what my next stage was. When they asked me why I was changing, I was able to answer, so make sure you know why you're doing it, the benefits of Decleor etc.

My new skincare rep was great, and the company have been a dream to work with. They do complimentary consultation days etc, and as has been said, literature/pics/promos etc.

Good luck - it was the turning point for my business!

Vicki x

As Lynne says, the best bet is to ask your rep. My Decleor rep was amazing at helping me to get going, and still after 6 years is visiting me every 6 weeks to inform me of what's new and upcoming, do the continual in house product training for new launches and to help suggest ideas for promoting business.

Decleor have a lot of support for salons, and are great at providing posters, strut-cards, testers, stands, gift-with-purchases etc that can help boost your trade. Without doing they've been the best skincare company I've ever worked with, and the best for continual support!

You've come in at at a good time - 2014 is the 40th anniversary of Decleor, and there's some great new products coming out through the year, and a new treatment launch!

Thankyou Sir Duffy of Decleor, I was hoping you'd see this and reply :green:

This is one of the main reasons I chose them - the support. This is my first business and I want to make sure I do things right and don't miss a trick. No other Decleor salons near me either so I want to shout it from the rooftops!

My college used Decleor to train us with and I've worked with it before, but not for nearly 10 years now so very excited to see what's new, and to fall in love with those yellow bottles all over again!

Keep on being excited about it. We changed about 2 years ago. I was really excited about doing the training etc, so would be telling clients what my next stage was. When they asked me why I was changing, I was able to answer, so make sure you know why you're doing it, the benefits of Decleor etc.

My new skincare rep was great, and the company have been a dream to work with. They do complimentary consultation days etc, and as has been said, literature/pics/promos etc.

Good luck - it was the turning point for my business!

Vicki x

Thanks so much Vicki - I am really excited about it.

Like you say it was the turning point to your business, I'm hoping it will be the same for me :wink2:

Thankyou Sir Duffy of Decleor, I was hoping you'd see this and reply :green:

This is one of the main reasons I chose them - the support. This is my first business and I want to make sure I do things right and don't miss a trick. No other Decleor salons near me either so I want to shout it from the rooftops!

My college used Decleor to train us with and I've worked with it before, but not for nearly 10 years now so very excited to see what's new, and to fall in love with those yellow bottles all over again!

Lucky you, when I was at college we trained with Sothy's, which was so-so, and Dermalogica, which I really disliked, mostly because I kept reacting to their products! I would love to have used Decleor at college; their training, products and support have been the making of my business!

Aww would love to train with decleor. Im guessing you have to be entered for the training by an employer with an account? (I ask this as someone who might want to do some temping at spas at a later date)

Latest posts

Back