Charge for accent finger?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheNailBarista

Reaction score
Just curious if you guys charge extra to do an accent finger a different color? Currently I don't but I've been seeing a lot of nail salons chaging extra for it lately? If so how much do you charge.

I don't see the point in charging because it's not like it takes a significant amount of extra time.

But at the same time I see the point in charging because it could be considered 'nail art' and why not collect a little extra money!? We're just trying to make a living here!!!! Hahaha

I don't either but I see it as a walking advert for my work. People notice accent nails and are more likely to ask where they had them done. Had a few new clients this way so I see it as an investment.

I do charge if they have art/rock star on all 10 nails though.

I don't either but I see it as a walking advert for my work. People notice accent nails and are more likely to ask where they had them done. Had a few new clients this way so I see it as an investment.

I do charge if they have art/rock star on all 10 nails though.

Form of advertisement.... So true. Even on Instagram - as soon as there's an accent color finger, I get triple the likes. Lol

I get round having to charge extra extra for nail art by charging the same high price for everything. I am charging for the client's own idea of amazing, immaculately beautiful nails, if the client's idea of perfect, beautiful nails is very simple perfection or if the client wants crazy, embellished creations I charge the same. In the old days when I had a lower price position, I HAD to charge extra for nail art, even an accent finger, to account for the extra time it took, and that could get complicated... nail art can be hard to price, especially when you get so much pleasure from doing it. But now, with a premium price position, whatever their heart desires is covered.

I'm a big fan of keeping pricing as simple as possible. One price for Vinylux, one price for CND Shellac and one price for Enhancements, no matter what style their heart desires.

No I don't charge extra for a different colour on accent nails, however I do charge extra for glitter and nail art on accent nails but if it's just block colour then I don't see the need to charge more. There's no more work or product involved then there would be for one single colour all over x

I'm a big fan of keeping pricing as simple as possible. One price for Vinylux, one price for CND Shellac and one price for Enhancements, no matter what style their heart desires.

Can I ask do you also charge the same for new enhancements and rebalance?
(Apologies for taking the thread slightly off topic!)

I wouldn't charge for a different colour on one nail, but if any art is involved then yes I charge from 25p / 50p upto £1 a nail (more if its a feather with a lot of other details etc) All depends on the time taken..

I get round having to charge extra extra for nail art by charging the same high price for everything. I am charging for the client's own idea of amazing, immaculately beautiful nails, if the client's idea of perfect, beautiful nails is very simple perfection or if the client wants crazy, embellished creations I charge the same. In the old days when I had a lower price position, I HAD to charge extra for nail art, even an accent finger, to account for the extra time it took, and that could get complicated... nail art can be hard to price, especially when you get so much pleasure from doing it. But now, with a premium price position, whatever their heart desires is covered.

Can I ask what you charge for your services? Do people mind paying for a straight colour shellac knowing they can have more done for the same price? Does it encourage your clients to have glitter and nail art etc for the sake because they feel they have paid for it? Xxx

In my studio personally I feel that I need to charge for special free hand designs.... I mean maybe I'm slow, but doing an added design can take an extra 10-15 minutes plus depending how many nails I'm doing a design on. My time is worth money as far as I'm concerned. I mean, this is a lame comparison but I feel that if McDonalds charges me extra to upgrade my french fry - I surely feel that I'm entitled to charge extra to upgrade my clients nails. It's still a business, do you know what I'm saying?........

In my studio personally I feel that I need to charge for special free hand designs.... I mean maybe I'm slow, but doing an added design can take an extra 10-15 minutes plus depending how many nails I'm doing a design on. My time is worth money as far as I'm concerned. I mean, this is a lame comparison but I feel that if McDonalds charges me extra to upgrade my french fry - I surely feel that I'm entitled to charge extra to upgrade my clients nails. It's still a business, do you know what I'm saying?........

Lol love the comparison but I totally know what you're saying x

Can I ask do you also charge the same for new enhancements and rebalance?
(Apologies for taking the thread slightly off topic!)

I charge more for a new set, yes. But the client only ever has a new set once on their first visit, after that it's maintenance every 2-4 weeks (depending on the client), so a new set is extremely rare.

Can I ask what you charge for your services? Do people mind paying for a straight colour shellac knowing they can have more done for the same price? Does it encourage your clients to have glitter and nail art etc for the sake because they feel they have paid for it? Xxx

Because my clients can have whatever they want and it still cost the same, they go with what they really love rather than what would be the most for their money. They are motivated to go with what they genuinely love the look of, or feel in the mood for that day, rather than what they can justify spending or think is best value.

What I charge? That would be telling! :p When we sold our salon (4+ years ago) we were charging 28 for CND Shellac and 40 for a new set of enhancements , these days I charge more than double that.

I LOVE this comparison! Great analogy :)

Also, are you dressed as Belle in your profile pic? It's fabulous!

Latest posts

Back