Charging for Olaplex?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blondekandi

Reaction score
Hi all I was just wondering how much you charge to add olaplex into your services? For highlights ect,I am going to be using it in the future,if you can't put prices on here please feel free to pm me thanks for reading [emoji4]

Have you had a look using the search feature?

My salon in the US charges an extra $15 for half head highlights and $30 for full head! And for just base color $15

£30-£40 depending on how much I use

Thank you for your replies,grace I didn't use the search feature

You can email [email protected] and she can email you a complete pricing breakdown for it

Thank you I'll do that,a think it also comes down to where you live tbh,I get a lot of people who want everything done for next to nothing and I won't do it! [emoji122]

Thanks for all the replies,I suppose as long as it covers what I've paid out for it that will be all good but then processing time maybe longer x

I've downloaded the app from olaplex going to have a bit listen while laid in bed thank you all

Hi,
Just out of interest what price range did you go for in the end? We're looking at introducing it and are trying to decide what prices to charge when in a colour treatment and when done as a condition service\treatment? Thanks

I charge £20

I charge £20

Hi surf girl.....can I ask, is the £20.00 for 'stand alone', or add to colour, or both?
How 'easy' do you find getting the client to part with their money?
I charge £10.00 if added to colour, £20.00 as a stand alone.
I arrived at this pricing due to the extra amount of product and time needed for 'stand alone'.
I've found selling it as hard as pulling teeth...........:eek:
I FULLY BELIEVE in the product, but God, how tight is our public!!!!!!:p

Hi surf girl.....can I ask, is the £20.00 for 'stand alone', or add to colour, or both?
How 'easy' do you find getting the client to part with their money?
I charge £10.00 if added to colour, £20.00 as a stand alone.
I arrived at this pricing due to the extra amount of product and time needed for 'stand alone'.
I've found selling it as hard as pulling teeth...........:eek:
I FULLY BELIEVE in the product, but God, how tight is our public!!!!!!:p
I decided to do it as a flat rate of £20 no matter how it's used, this may change if the standalone becomes more popular but my first bottle I didn't do one standalone out of so I made a good profit, so have left it at that for now. I do the same with colour too, some clients take a 1/4 of a tube of colour others can take 2 tubes but I keep the price fixed across the board, what I loose on the 2 tube colour I make up for on the 1/4 tube client, I used that basis for my olaplex pricing too.

Getting the client to part with their money can be hard work lol, I'm only a small salon in a low income area nothing spesh like so I have to really sell it to them, you've got the ones who have it because Mrs Jones did, so I bang on about oh Mrs Jones hair was so much better (you get my drift lol) then there's the big ticket clients who have it because they have too much money & they've seen it in the news, I name drop big celeb hairstylists that use it (they practically beg for it) then there's the average joe... Average joe is a tough cookie... I pick out the problem in their hair and chat about it much like you would to retail any product, they say oh I'll leave it this time, I say ok :) and then spend the rest of the appointment banging on about it and how great it is, the seed is then planted.... Every time I leave a client to mix their colour I come back and ask oh did you want olaplex today? I do it on purpose, 1 to confirm if it's a yes before I do put it in and 2 because it gives the client who didn't have it last time an opportunity to have it this time (because I know they been thinking about it since I planted that seed ;) ) they usually say oh what's that? (We both know full well I've already told them several times but hey ho for £20 extra I'll stand there and give the verse off one more time... Olaplex is a bond builder...blah blah...
I will just find that one leading word from my client and as soon as I hear it I'll bring up olaplex, could be anything that relates to hair lol I'm pretty sick of spieling off the same conversation tbh but the tough clients are coming round slowly :)

€20 stand alone €10 if second shot is needed in one sitting hope that helps

I charge $30 to use it in color or lightener and then give them the #3. I'm in a small town in Florida, when in CA. I charge more at $60.

I decided to do it as a flat rate of £20 no matter how it's used, this may change if the standalone becomes more popular but my first bottle I didn't do one standalone out of so I made a good profit, so have left it at that for now. I do the same with colour too, some clients take a 1/4 of a tube of colour others can take 2 tubes but I keep the price fixed across the board, what I loose on the 2 tube colour I make up for on the 1/4 tube client, I used that basis for my olaplex pricing too.

Getting the client to part with their money can be hard work lol, I'm only a small salon in a low income area nothing spesh like so I have to really sell it to them, you've got the ones who have it because Mrs Jones did, so I bang on about oh Mrs Jones hair was so much better (you get my drift lol) then there's the big ticket clients who have it because they have too much money & they've seen it in the news, I name drop big celeb hairstylists that use it (they practically beg for it) then there's the average joe... Average joe is a tough cookie... I pick out the problem in their hair and chat about it much like you would to retail any product, they say oh I'll leave it this time, I say ok :) and then spend the rest of the appointment banging on about it and how great it is, the seed is then planted.... Every time I leave a client to mix their colour I come back and ask oh did you want olaplex today? I do it on purpose, 1 to confirm if it's a yes before I do put it in and 2 because it gives the client who didn't have it last time an opportunity to have it this time (because I know they been thinking about it since I planted that seed ;) ) they usually say oh what's that? (We both know full well I've already told them several times but hey ho for £20 extra I'll stand there and give the verse off one more time... Olaplex is a bond builder...blah blah...
I will just find that one leading word from my client and as soon as I hear it I'll bring up olaplex, could be anything that relates to hair lol I'm pretty sick of spieling off the same conversation tbh but the tough clients are coming round slowly :)

I'm dithering about olaplex at the min! Area I'm in they are tight arsed lol!! I have clients who defo need it but!! And dying to try it on my own hair!!

I'm dithering about olaplex at the min! Area I'm in they are tight arsed lol!! I have clients who defo need it but!! And dying to try it on my own hair!!
Just get the smaller kit, charge right and you'll make enoigh to get the big kit eventually, at least then you haven't spent out too Much :)

Thank you so much for that.....I like your style :p
If i'm honest, I've given far toooo much of it away, as I know it really will make that difference, and THAT DIFFERENCE gives ME job satisfaction......
However, I'm not a charity, and the 'can't afford it this time' folk, are off to the Maldives next week!!!!!o_Oo_O

I am charging the same as surf girl for mine £20 in colour or as stand alone but with the blowdry price added on. Not finding it too difficult to sell and everyone is happy with the result but getting people to buy the number 3 is harder!
I haven't been adding on extra if I need more for long hair as I also find there's some clients you need more on, some only need a 1/16th or 1/8th so it all averages out in the end.
I have had clients that have come from further away and said I am cheaper then the salons near them that offer it. I think the closer to London you are, you can get away with charging more but for me I wouldn't get any takers if I tried to charge more and if I charge less It wouldn't be worth my while!

I've not sold one no. 3..........:eek::eek:o_Oo_O:confused::confused::p
I'm crap at selling retail, but LOL, when I show them the OLAPEX no.3, they think it's a sample!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back