Charging for repairs and tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanyaMackie

Reaction score
Hiya,

I was just wondering what pricing you all set and recommended for nail repairs? I use bio sculpture and occasionally will put a tip on a client if they’ve broken a nail very short.

I rarely have to repair chips and breaks but I seem to have the same people returning about 2 weeks after their appointment wanting tips put on if they’ve broken a nail or they’ve chipped or picked at the gel wanting it repainted.

So far my policy is it’s free within the first week but not sure what to charge there on.

Any help is useful thanks very much x

Hi, I've done some research on this before and found out what a lot of salons do and they charge an amount per finger that needs the repair. I can imagine it must be annoying to have to fix just one or two nails, maybe the client should be more careful with the precious work you just did! Jk, Maybe suggest to the client a shorter and more manageable length to try to prevent breakage, still pack the nail set with crazy designs! As for the gel polish chipping, just make sure you cap the edges, so from the side edges and the tip. Hope this helps. x

Haha tbh I think some could, always seems to be the index finger that goes. Thank you xx

I charge between £3-7 per nail. £7 is for a big toe "lid" if there is a deformed nail stumpie - these sometimes ping off after application so I don't redo these free unless it's within a week.

After 2 weeks I charge for a new gel manicure and they get a soak off and reapplication.

Nails are not tools. I'd definitely advise a different shape or length if the same finger kept chipping or breaking. I'd also suggest that you keep a note and maybe reinforce a "weaker" nail. I also have a few clients that I just say "your nails last 2 weeks - some people can get 3-4 weeks, we're all different" and I'll retail an aftercare product or a nail vitamin supplement.

Haha tbh I think some could, always seems to be the index finger that goes. Thank you xx
I have nusiance client always chipping her index and middle finger on her right hand. I always double top coat them two so it is worth trying that or use a structure gel over the top as well. Mine expect to not pay a penny for a repair up to the full 2 weeks even if they are using their nails as tools. I just think they take liberties ,but when you start you cannot help feeling it's your duty to offer free repairs to these clients that have helped you begin in the gel nail world.
Normal manicure is so much easier!LOL
I think to do free repairs up to 7 days is good , but your price could be 10% of your gel nail charge per nail after the 7 days.
Best of luck

Latest posts

Back