Cheap gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsbyjnicole

Reaction score
Hi I'm Janine. First post ever in this forum. I would like your opinion. I found some uv gels on ebay really cheap. 36 colors of uv gels for under $22. I only intended to use it for 3-D nail art in molds. For the price I was not expecting quality. The gels came in plain white jars or any curing directions. And when I opened them they had a strong smell. Not a bad odor, but an odor. It reminded me of the silver and gold metallic pens that were popular when I was in high school. I am scared to use it. Even for the 3-D molds. I am scared to use it. Part of me is saying throw it away. You will only be out $22. Another part of me really really wants to play with it. Should I just go with my gut and trash it? Has anyone bought ebay nail stuff before?

I learnt in my course that gels should not have an odor anyway?

My personal opinion is bin them. I wouldn't want to use them on myself let alone a client.

Hi I'm Janine. First post ever in this forum. I would like your opinion. I found some uv gels on ebay really cheap. 36 colors of uv gels for under $22. I only intended to use it for 3-D nail art in molds. For the price I was not expecting quality. The gels came in plain white jars or any curing directions. And when I opened them they had a strong smell. Not a bad odor, but an odor. It reminded me of the silver and gold metallic pens that were popular when I was in high school. I am scared to use it. Even for the 3-D molds. I am scared to use it. Part of me is saying throw it away. You will only be out $22. Another part of me really really wants to play with it. Should I just go with my gut and trash it? Has anyone bought ebay nail stuff before?

Yes I bought some once and used them on myself....... BIG MISTAKE.
I now have highly sensitive skin and have allergic reactions to many nail products, especially gel and gel polish. I have even had to change my monomer.

Do yourself and your clients a favour, THROW IT OUT.

I bet you do not have Material Safety Data Sheets for it either! It really is nasty nasty nasty!

Latest posts

Back