Child chefs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rinn

CND Shellac EA
Reaction score
my 14 year old has hollow legs...there's no filling him.
He's just cooked himself a snack....eggs, beans, sausages and toast.
He has already had a dinner.:|

We don't have a microwave or buy frozen foods so my kids have to learn to cook .
I think it's great training for them , this guy is only starting to learn but the others can all make dinners from scratch...cut their own chips, make basics like lasagne , spag bol, a roast with mash and veg.etc

do you believe in training your kids for real life or do you think that they are not able and you have them spoiled?

My children are like yours Rinn, although they are older 23 and 24, a boy and a girl they are self sufficient. They both have been taught to cook. They also iron their clothes, although I sometimes help if they are busy. My only irritation is that sometimes my son's room gets a bit out of order. I will throw a wobbly and he sorts it. Overall, I am happy that they could survive very well on their own.

My boy is only 2 but he loves cooking with me :) he also 'helps' me vacuum with his toy vacuum, helps me fill the washing machine and turns it on, dusts and tidies his own toys away.

I'm trying to raise him to be able to take care of himself, although sure he'll lose interest in cooking and cleaning as he gets older lol.

I think it's great! I've been cooking my own meals since I was about 12 because 1. I enjoy it and 2. I don't like the same food as my mum and stepdad (I'm quite fussy) because of this I'm very confident I could fend for myself :) xxx

I think it's a staple of life to learn to cook at a young age. I was taught from about 10 how to do the basics then progress as the years went on.

My partner on the other hand never had to cook a meal at home. His mum was a stay at home mum with 5 kids and always cooked their meals for them all. I can imagine it wouldn't have been easy to teach them all. BUT it infuriates the hell out of me that I am the one who does all the cooking. He has attempted to cook me a meal twice in the 7 years we have been together. Both were ok-ish but the kitchen was like a bomb site after!

He would rather buy a takeaway if I'm not at home to sort it. Infuriates me even more! Lol

I think it's fantastic that your son can cook his own meals! My daughter is only 15 months old but I intend to teach her to cook from a very early age. My mum is a fantastic cook so I never had any desire to cook my own meals - as a result, I didn't learn to cook until I got married and left home at 23! Now I adore cooking, particularly baking, and I wish I'd learnt sooner. If I'd known how much I enjoy it I would definitely have trained as a chef!

I think it's a staple of life to learn to cook at a young age. I was taught from about 10 how to do the basics then progress as the years went on.

My partner on the other hand never had to cook a meal at home. His mum was a stay at home mum with 5 kids and always cooked their meals for them all. I can imagine it wouldn't have been easy to teach them all. BUT it infuriates the hell out of me that I am the one who does all the cooking. He has attempted to cook me a meal twice in the 7 years we have been together. Both were ok-ish but the kitchen was like a bomb site after!

He would rather buy a takeaway if I'm not at home to sort it. Infuriates me even more! Lol

I imagine it's extremely irritating! My husband can cook but he'd still rather order a takeaway if I wasn't there - who else would wash up?! :lol:

I imagine it's extremely irritating! My husband can cook but he'd still rather order a takeaway if I wasn't there - who else would wash up?! :lol:

You wouldn't believe how irritating it is! Lol!

His mum even has the cheek to bollock him for not doing anything around the house, even though she never taught him the basics of running a house! I got so frustrated with having to do everything that he now pays a cleaner to sort the house once a fortnight! £24 a fortnight well spent in my opinion! Lol!

Latest posts

Back