Boyfriend doesn't like my cooking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkknailss

www.luxetanning.co.uk #Princess
Reaction score
So I'm white and my boyfriend is black, which means I have to constantly make amazing food for him to be happy or think I can cook a half decent meal.

And do you know what? I'm fed up! I'm not your mum! I'm not going to make you oxtail and rice, I'm not going to make curries every night!
I am English and I like pie and mash and roast dinners on Sundays! All that jazz!
But I'm a good cook, but I feel like there's so much pressure it all just comes out ****! I made amazing chicken wings and he didn't eat them cos I didn't do something first( no idea what), he thinks all I cook is overnight food (the cheek)
I cook meals from scratch most nights and I just don't feel he likes them at all! I mean he could at least pretend and eat it anyway! Instead of being rude seen as HE CAN'T COOK!!!

Does any other geeks live with men who are utterly useless?

If he doesn't like it, tell him to make his bloody own!
My hubby does all the cooking as he's usually home before me. He's not the greatest cook in the world but I am always grateful to have my tea ready for me when I get home, so I would never ever complain.
If it was me, the next time he made the slightest grumble, I'd grab his plate from in front of him and throw it in the bin and tell him to make his own in future!

My husband expects me to cook most nights too. He loves my cooking but that's a curse as much as a blessing. He is a typical man so if he is hungry he is a nightmare to be around, one time we had stopped off at friends after work and he was starving. He was so rude to everyone to the point we had to leave and go home so I could make him his dinner. Needless to day he was a new man afterwards but he still completely embarrassed me x

Yea I don't cook like my boyfriends mum and he moans if we have something to often but I just tell him he can make dinner then.dont get disheartened,tell him if he wants to eat what he wants then he can make it himself.
I hate cooking and find it an added chore,especially as we have a young child.
I'm away at the moment so not quite sure how hes coping food wise. He'll either be reali skinny from not bothering to make himself dinner or fat from takeaways haha

If he doesn't like it, tell him to make his bloody own!
My hubby does all the cooking as he's usually home before me. He's not the greatest cook in the world but I am always grateful to have my tea ready for me when I get home, so I would never ever complain.
If it was me, the next time he made the slightest grumble, I'd grab his plate from in front of him and throw it in the bin and tell him to make his own in future!

Completely agree! ^^ :) xx

I'd suggest he learns to cook then lol x

Pah! How rude of him.

But well done .. you are NOT his mother and you don't want the next few year to be spent with him thinking that you are.

There should be balance and respect for both persons cultural differences including food.

Neither person should lose their identity in a relationship and if there is only room for one identity then you need to think more seriously about what you are doing.

'Useless' is one thing and usually starts off being innocent and perhaps amusing.

But disrespect and intolerance is something else!!

Oh and 'useless' after a few years will not amuse you in the slightest and will have you pulling your hair out lol.

xx

The way me and my OH do it is we take it in turns to cook, and if one's cooking the other one does the washing up. Could you start something like that? It works well for us .. and it'd give him a kick up the butt to learn too!

He's unappreciative and rude.:( Dump him:)

Take a tip from one who knows.
People treat us badly only because we allow them to.

great response already but if i were you stop putting pressure on yourself, it will make you ill. either tell him to eat what he is given or learn to cook and share the responsibility!

my husband can cook but i do all the cooking in the house, This is my choice as its easier and if anyone complains they are shown where the kitchen is!!

Nothing to do with him being black, he's just a mummy's boy. You need to build your confidence or send him back to mummy's where he can have rice and peas with chicken wings till they're coming out of his ears. I blame mothers who turn out sons like this.

My boyfriend isn't the most domesticated but he enjoys the challenge of cooking. Washing, ironing and cleaning, not so much. He told me the other day that he turned on the washing machine by himself!! I had to tell him how good that was because if you have a guy like this, you must train them. Kim is right, it's the mothers fault. Mums love to run around after their boys but certainly in my life, I'm as busy if not more than my boyfriend so I am not doing everything. He knows that.

Crack that whip!!!

I'm certainly no domestic goddess but himself and I share the cooking and by that I mean we have a Mexican Standoff. .. who ever's the hungriest cooks.

If one of us cooks something the other isnt keen on (we're not rude about it mind) we simply tell the other one (nicely) if you don't like it next time you do the cooking ;)

Don't take his rudeness or accept his disrespect, talk to him lovey. And if all else fails go on strike ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Just to mimic what all the other geeks have said..

If he doesn't like it tough! In my house if i didnt like it i didnt eat! So i had no choice otherwise i'd starve! What a cheeky sod!

When I first met my husband he was always cooking for me, he is amazing. Now I do 99 per cent of the cooking and I am crap lol. He doesn't moan because he knows if he did he would have to cook lol and he's just too lazy xxxx

Every time you allow him to disrespect you, you are validating this behaviour. Unless you respect yourself enough to feel you deserve better, it's very doubtful anything will change.

Start as you mean to go on! I second the mummies spoilt boy theory! We as mothers have a duty to our future daughter in laws to make sure our sons are willing and able to chip in with the house work :D (ps my husband can be a lazy sod too ;)

I think he has a cheek...! Agreed on the mother situation. I cook once in a blue moon ;) my bf was single before so he had to fend for himself then & he continues to do so!

We are both Self employed & come in at different hours, which changes daily :)

I have said I'd cook more IF we went food shopping together... As i can't be bothered thinking of what he wants to eat all week, & he doesn't want to go food shopping win win- ha... Xx

Last edited:
Tell him to cook his own food simple as that.If you want pie and mash make pie and mash,if he dosnt want to eat it throw it in the bin.

It shouldn't be all one sided,if he dosnt like it he knows where his mum lives and he should go eat there.I wouldn't be putting up with that crap.you are not a slave to rice and peas and curry my love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back