Boyfriend doesn't like my cooking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband used to do nothing and I mean nothing in the house. I worked in a pub allll night and then a stay at home mom during the day, he would leave all his dinner dishes for me to do the next night, despite the fact our boy went to bed at 7.30pm. So I served him his tea on a dirty plate. Once.

He was refusing to tidy up after himself so i assumed he didn't need his things anymore since he hadn't put them back, and put them in the bin. He now does his fair share of dishes and tidying up. That is all I ask of him, to clear up after himself. He also is an amazing cook, so also does his fair share of cooking too aswell.

He used to leave the house in a strop if we ever had an argument, until one day he left his house keys and wallet behind. I put them in sight of the window went out and locked the door. Once. Now he sits and talks before he thinks about storming out because he knows I won't be there waiting for him to come back.

He also irons his own clothes - i didn't do anything to make that happen....I just cannot use an iron, my mother is mortified about that, but I just hang up washing soon as its done in the machine and it dries with very little or no creases. She didn't know I did no ironing until the other week so can't be that bad hehe :)

Men are just like children. Give them an inch they take a mile. Brutal measures I took maybe, but hey it worked :)

I'm bringing my 2 boys up to cook and do housework etc so they can look after a girl when they are older.

Ps I'm actually a nice person. I just don't let people take advantage of me. Hope your man improves soon xx

My hubs learnt to cook and clean for himself when he left home to go to university. He does most of the cooking now but I do all the cleaning, ironing, gardening, etc. He works full time and I only work a few hours so I think that's a good deal! It's not fair if one person in a relationship is doing all the work. If you live in a house together then you have to share the work/chores/cooking appropriately. :)

My husband used to do nothing and I mean nothing in the house. I worked in a pub allll night and then a stay at home mom during the day, he would leave all his dinner dishes for me to do the next night, despite the fact our boy went to bed at 7.30pm. So I served him his tea on a dirty plate. Once.

He was refusing to tidy up after himself so i assumed he didn't need his things anymore since he hadn't put them back, and put them in the bin. He now does his fair share of dishes and tidying up. That is all I ask of him, to clear up after himself. He also is an amazing cook, so also does his fair share of cooking too aswell.

He used to leave the house in a strop if we ever had an argument, until one day he left his house keys and wallet behind. I put them in sight of the window went out and locked the door. Once. Now he sits and talks before he thinks about storming out because he knows I won't be there waiting for him to come back.

He also irons his own clothes - i didn't do anything to make that happen....I just cannot use an iron, my mother is mortified about that, but I just hang up washing soon as its done in the machine and it dries with very little or no creases. She didn't know I did no ironing until the other week so can't be that bad hehe :)

Men are just like children. Give them an inch they take a mile. Brutal measures I took maybe, but hey it worked :)

I'm bringing my 2 boys up to cook and do housework etc so they can look after a girl when they are older.

Ps I'm actually a nice person. I just don't let people take advantage of me. Hope your man improves soon xx

Haha love this!! I'll remember this just in case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back