I created a 'Culinary Masterpeice' .... apparently!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsia

Reaction score
Tonight after getting in from a really boring day at work, instead of doing the normal basic dinner like pies and potatoes, stew, chicken with a few veg or spag bol.. I decided to be a bit daring and experimental.;)

I had 1 small bag of 'steam in the bag' mixed veg (couple bits of broccolli, a few slices of carrot and some sweetcorn)
2 frozen chicken fillets and a pack of bacon.
In the fridge I found a tube of garlic puree, a little left over from the block of mild cheese and half a tub of philidelphia.

I decided to heat the bag of veg, and mix some garlic puree, grated cheese and the philidelphia altogether with it.
I was just making it up as I went along! :o

Then butterfly cut the chicken, and laid out 3 rashers of bacon next to eachother on some foil and laying the filleted chicken breast on too.. and topped with the 'cheesey veg mix' before rolling it up so the outside was wrapped in the bacon.
Each 'chicken/bacon roll' was wrapped in foil like a little parcel.
I cooked them for 35 mins on 190 degs in the oven and opened the parcels for the last 10 mins to crispen up and brown.

Serving with green beans.. and roast potatoes.. I laid them ON the bed of green beens and potatoes arranged into a line! LOL I was having so much fun and the plate look great it felt such a shame to eat them., if I may say so myself. PMSL

Ali was impressed I could tell.. and I was pleased how they turned out but didnt think twice about it. Until he said.. what have you been doing? looking up cooking recipes on the net? I said no, and he replied.. " well you must have.. how did you come up with this Culinary Masterpeice?" :wink2:

WOO HOOOOOO :biggrin:
Usually trying to get appreciation for cooking is a 'no no' from him because he HATES COOKING WITH A PASSION. The most I ever get is.. yeah it was nice...

Anyway... I am so chuffed I just had to tell someone.. :biggrin:
Made anyone hungry? LOL

Must admit it sounds delicious! Any left over for me?

LOL.. it was very nice yes but I regretfully gave half of mine to him, not being able to eat it all and that cos of my band.

I have been searching and their is similar but with mushrooms and wine sauce inside!

LOL.. it was very nice yes but I regretfully gave half of mine to him, not being able to eat it all and that cos of my band.

I have been searching and their is similar but with mushrooms and wine sauce inside!

Oh - of course - had forgot about your band! Must be so frustrating when you make such a delicious meal and only being able to eat a small portion.

How are you going on with your band now - is it all sorted out?

Oh - of course - had forgot about your band! Must be so frustrating when you make such a delicious meal and only being able to eat a small portion.

How are you going on with your band now - is it all sorted out?

At its highest tweak and having a few probs. Trawling BACK to Brummie land on the 4th Jan for another appointment. ;)
See what they say then..
But yes.. the meals are delish but cant only enjoy a little!
I chew it for longer! LOL

Wow that does sound really tasty! I hate cooking with a passion so wouldn't even know where to start rustling something like that up!

Sounds gorgeous hun, fancy popping over with some? lol

Sounds yummy, I make something very similar to this.

I cook chicken breast with a blob borsin on the top wrapped tight in 2 bacon rashers (criss crossed). I put this in a slightly cooked and oiled red pepper and add a nice sauce of chicken stock (made with water and a chicken stock cube) with left over borsin in the sauce. I serve it on tagliatelle with green beans, it's so yummy and look impressive but is so easy :)

I do chicken wrapped in bacon, cover it with BBQ sauce, cook covered in foil for 30 mins, take off foil and sprinkle over grated cheese, bubble for 5 mins.

I think it's called Hunters' Chicken!

Teri x:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back