Children's beauty salon (parties)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegoldi

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have not posted on here before so am not sure exactly how to do it but i am going to give it a try.

I was just wondering if anyone can give me any advice, i am looking into opening a children's beauty salon for parties or mini treats, and was wondering what would be your views or concerns and do you think it is a good idea?
it will be in the north west area and will be all about kids, not making them up to be older than they are but just to dress up + make up amongst their friends:
princess dress up,
hair straight, curly or up, make up (subtle, sparkly)
nails painted, nail art, etc.
these are a few of the things that would be available and all in a little girls princess environment.

i would be very grateful for any feedback!

Now thats a fab idea I think it would be lovely..

In my area we have a lady that does parties for little ladies and she brings princess dresses (just for the party), makeup and nail polishes. and as a gift she gives them a wee lipstick or something. i kinow its not really the same but the kids while getting made up would probably love to get dressed up to.

Glitter in the hair and on the nails they just love. Best of luck it is a great idea

thank you!
that is what i am thinking of doing but having a salon they can go to instead of doing it mobile.
thanks again for your help.

Hi, I have a tanning salon with sunbeds, spraytanning, nail bar and waxing and eyelsh extensions...upstairs i am going to cater for childrens makeover parties! Do you know any good websites for funky salon furniture?
Thanks

Hi, i have a 6 yr old girl and i'm sure she & her friends would love this, however if there is any waiting around they would get restless and may run around or interfere with equipment/products so consider other activities or make sure there is enough staff to be doing the makeovers all at the same time. Also these days you could find that alot of kids as young as 8-9 would feel the princess theme too babyish (hard to believe i know). Then there are the pre-teens who would love the makeover but would'nt want to have it done in a princess environment & same goes for teens (i also have a 14yr old girl). Girls these days think they are more mature than they really are.
I would recommend yes decorating salon girly but have changeable decorations suitable for the age group party so up to age 8 princess accessories, age 8 onwards decorations of handbags, shoes, lipsticks, celebrities, cupcakes. Also bear in mind teens are wearing make-up to school everyday so are really interested in being made-up like the celebs ie:Cheryl Cole false lashes & all LOL. Good luck HTH:)

Latest posts

Back