Choosing a brand(s)?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VintageEsmerelda

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before. This week is my last week of training at level 2 which means I'll be free to go out into the world and carve a name and business for myself. However I'm stuck when it comes to what brands I should invest in. There are so many out there that it's just overwhelming. How did you decide in the beginning? My training is with City & Guilds so it's not brand specific.

Get some trial kits or have your nails done somewhere so that you get the experience yourself. No one can decide that for you. Everybody has their preferences
A word of advice though. Always go with a reputable brand, buy from the official distributors and stay away from eBay.

I’m currently doing my level 2. In my college we use IBD and it’s not the best. I recommend NSI! You can get a full kit for £xxx

[no trade prices please - thanks]

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a great idea on the trial kits. Can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks.
Get some trial kits or have your nails done somewhere so that you get the experience yourself. No one can decide that for you. Everybody has their preferences
A word of advice though. Always go with a reputable brand, buy from the official distributors and stay away from eBay.

Get some trial kits and book in for some treatments at salons you like. Allows you to see how a qualified therapist uses the products. You can always ask her what else’s she’s used. My nail lady gave me loads of advice. X

I've just had an email from Ellisons saying it's 10% off when spending £100+.
Might be worth a look!

Latest posts

Back