Christmas Nails - Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephib

Reaction score
I realise it's a bit early to start thinking about Christmas lol but this will be the first Christmas in my salon and my first doing nails so I want to be prepared early!! I was hoping people would share ideas that they have done in previous years! I'm not overly arty so looking for simple yet effective designs using Shellac! Anyone willing to share? Thanks 😊

Iv been eyeing the Moyou Xmas plates up already Lol. Great if freehand art ain't your thing. And adding different base coats, glitters etc will jazz them up too.

Good Luck 😊

I have the Festive MoYou plates from last year! Christmas Sweater nails were massive! :) xx

OMG how beaut Is that fairisle print, im on it......:wink2:

snap I just ordered the festive plates the other night haha, xmas will be here before we know it !!!

How do the moyou plates work, do they just stick over the nails? Never used them before!!

Get lots red gold white and silver glitters. Last year I was doing lots of reds with gold accents. If your looking for simple designs glitter/rock star etc are always effective and very popular x

How do the moyou plates work, do they just stick over the nails? Never used them before!!

They're stamping plates rather than stencils. You cover the design with stamping polish, scrape the excess off and use a stamper to pick up the design and roll onto the nail. There's a big stamping thread on here if you do a search and it has loads of handy hints and tips which you may find useful if you're just starting out with stamping

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm thinking of getting the Xmas mo you plate ready as come Xmas it's bound to be a sell out

Pinterest is brilliant for this kind of thing. You can make specific albums for themes like Christmas, Halloween, Wedding etc. to collect your ideas and inspiration.

My favorite time of the year! Loved doing these last year and can't wait to get them out again!! Xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406754365.666311.jpg

They're stamping plates rather than stencils. You cover the design with stamping polish, scrape the excess off and use a stamper to pick up the design and roll onto the nail. There's a big stamping thread on here if you do a search and it has loads of handy hints and tips which you may find useful if you're just starting out with stamping

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Great thank you! I'll definitely take a look at that thread!

There's LOADS of youtube videos of really simple Christmassy nail art. Once somebody breaks down an image into steps, you'll slap yourself because it's so easy!
If you also offer rockstar nails? I'm sure bright red sparkly nails will be a big hit!

Do you do these designs freehand? They look fab!!

I do :) all using CND shellac and my dotting tools! I'm not that creative normally but I think I did a good job of these haha! Xx

Is it not Christmas yet?? Haha xx

Latest posts

Back