Christmas opening hours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXcharleyXx

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I know this is really early but I'm starting to take Xmas bookings. Usually we open 23rd December till 11pm and reopen 24th 6am - 1pm.

We always close Sundays but this year Xmas eve is Sunday, what are people doing? Opening or staying closed? I don't know what to do [emoji53] Need to keep clients happy but also don't want to make it difficult for staff to get to the salon?

Any ideas/opinions appreciated

We always close late on 23 December (way too many cancellations and no shows on Christmas Eve) and last year we didn't reopen until the first workday in Jan and it was so good we're doing it again this year x

We won't be opening Christmas Eve as it falls on a Sunday :)

I don't open on Christmas Eve anymore.
I give everyone enough notice to book in advance.
Clients rarely used to appreciate me working late xmas eve and messed me around last minute either not bothering to turn up or saying they'll be late due to last min shopping etc.
So For the past 3 years I haven't bothered. I spend the time with family instead :)
x

I'm taking Christmas Eve off too this year and also several days at the beginning of December to get shopping done and the tree up etc

Last edited:
We will be closing at 4pm on Saturday 23rd and re opening at 10am on Wednesday 27th. My staff work too hard and have families they need to spend time with. Money isn't everything x

I have been thinking about this for ages and because it happens so rarely I think I will just close. I normally stay open till from 9.30 till about 3pm but I have a feeling on Sunday I wouldn't be allowed to open before 11 am so it hardly seems worth it. May consider opening for NYE, not sure. As from last year I stopped offering chemical services on Xmas eve and NYE due to cancellations and I will be sooo annoyed if I come in on a Sunday and people cancel on me. If I do open, I will be taking deposits off of everyone! You live and learn!

I have been thinking about this for ages and because it happens so rarely I think I will just close. I normally stay open till from 9.30 till about 3pm but I have a feeling on Sunday I wouldn't be allowed to open before 11 am so it hardly seems worth it. May consider opening for NYE, not sure. As from last year I stopped offering chemical services on Xmas eve and NYE due to cancellations and I will be sooo annoyed if I come in on a Sunday and people cancel on me. If I do open, I will be taking deposits off of everyone! You live and learn!
We take full non refundable payment at the time of booking.

Latest posts

Back