Christmas retail stock ideas on a budget?!?!!?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloud Nine-Emzy

Reaction score
I am a self-employed beauty therapist and rent a small treatment room so don't have an awful lot of space! I am just putting together my christmas promotions as my clients are starting to think about christmas already! I don't use expensive product ranges, my manicures/pedicures are salon systems for example. I want to provide some retail/gifts for clients to buy for xmas prezzies, but ones that aren't really pricey. Stocking fillers and gift packages but on a budget as I don't have loads of money to spend on that sort of thing at the moment. I am on top of my gift vouchers and xmas treatment packages but want to also offer some retail to boost my income in this busy period!! Any ideas???? Thanks Emma x :lol:

Hi Emma,
I use products from a company called Nutrimetics they are fantastic for retail for mobile or home salons. The products are nutritional, not tested on animals, hypo-allergenic etc, I have been a consultant for 16 years. Let me know if you are interested in a brochure and I will send one to you.

Do any of your suppliers offer gift sets?

I probably won't be much help as I only order the promotional items from my suppliers so haven't really looked at other things.

I have ordered some really nice gift sets from OPI which retail around £15 - £20 so are perfect for stocking fillers and some new Dermalogica gift sets which again are around the £20 mark all of which Im hoping will sell out !

I know some of the wholesale catalogues have retail sections with bits & bobs otherwise you could make up your own sets with some polishs, cuticle oil, files etc.

mad beauty do some cute inexpensive gifts such as xmas pudding lip glosses, hairdoos hairbrushes etc. We stocked a few of these lines last xmas and they sold very easily.

try looking under wholesale items under health & beauty on Ebay for little stocking fillers. I have done this before and made good money. Just don't bid on a Sunday, when things always cost more, because more people are online!! x

mad beauty do some cute inexpensive gifts such as xmas pudding lip glosses, hairdoos hairbrushes etc. We stocked a few of these lines last xmas and they sold very easily.

I can second this, they have some fab make up compacts out this year and some georgous teddy bears!

Don't forget you can always make your own up, put some creative scentsation lotion, solar oil and files/buffers into a pretty organza gift bag and retail those!

Let me know what you end up buying. Im on the look out too.

So far I have ordered Dermalogica face and body sets
Fake Bake Xmas sets. Oh and just got Dermalogicas new shave gift set - not got many male clients but want to see how they go. Only got 3 kits and if they dont sell I will buy them for my dad and husband, and keep the other one in my general dermalogica stock.

I am getting from mad Beauty Funky Tweesers x4
And a stand of donut lip glosses. Last year I got xmas puds and I sold them all.

My Jessica Rep is visiting tomorrow so hopefully she will have nice stock to sell.

Dont over stock yourself - you can always order more. Last xmas I ordered 8 Dermalogica candles and only sold 2, I ended up putting the rest in a sale box in Jan! Hense not buying those this year.

I always make a display in window on stock too. The theme this year is red and white, so I will decorate all products with red/white ribbons. Dermalogicas packaging is red and white for xmas.

Thank you everyone for all the ideas!!! I now have a trade login on mad beauty and love some of the stuff on there (ideal stocking fillers) like the bejewelled nail files, doughnut lipglosses and the funky hairbrushes. I'm sure these will sell very well to my clients! I have also ordered a load of organza bags from e-bay and am looking through al my stock to see what I can put together! The Q'tickles cuticles oils are very cute. I will be doing foot care pampering packs, winter skin care kits, french manicure sets etc. I'm very excited about getting everything on display, however I don't want to scare all my clients by doing it too early!! Any futher ideas will be appreciated as I don't think i'm done yet!!! Emma x

How much did your mad beauty (xmas pud/doughnut lipglosses, funky tweezers etc.) items sell for?? Em x

They have a retail price list - call and ask them and i am sure they will email it over to you :hug:

Latest posts

Back