CJP question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmread988

nail ninja
Reaction score
Iv recently began to convert to cjp after using nsi for the last 15 years!
Iv seen some great advice on cjp and brilliant reviews so thought I would give it a go and so far I'm very impressed ,
My only issue so far is I find it sets alot slower then I'm used to.
I can't work out if it is still soft from not being set or if it is generally alot softer then nsi acrylic when set ?
I'm using the master system, and currently been using birthday suit and negligee alot.
Is it generally a softer finish ? Or am I maybe not using it dry enough?

Also which colours does everyone use for baby boomers?

So far I am totally impressed with the product
Tia

I'm also a CND girl and i really struggled with CJP at first too, in fact a ruined many a sculpted nail by taking the form off and pulling the whole extension end off with it. They also say its a dryer system, i find I have to work wetter to get the mouldability, then then slows the setting time more. I've never drained the back of the brush after picking up a bead, in fact I often have to dip my brush back in the monomer which goes against all my CND training. Its taken about 10 sets to master its quirks.

It shouldn't be a lot slower than nsi to set. Make sure your room is warm enough as this can cause setting issues.
Birthday suit is slower setting as it's a cover powder so it's to give you time to shape smile lines. The rest of the master powders are quicker.
It feels much softer to file than nsi which is great but it doesn't affect the strength of the enhancement.
I trained with and used nsi before converting and you need to work much drier. If you're working too wet it will affect the setting, strength and be difficult to work with.

Thanks ladies , what colours do you think give a better french ombre look ?

Are you working dry enough as the ratios are a tad different. I found the same at first but some folk on here said to work dryer and it's been better since then x

Thanks ladies , what colours do you think give a better french ombre look ?
I use Snow White or Buttermilk (more natural) and Birthday Suit (nude), Cherry Blossom (pink nude) or marshmallow (baby pink)

I use Snow White or Buttermilk (more natural) and Birthday Suit (nude), Cherry Blossom (pink nude) or marshmallow (baby pink)
Thankyou , I have quite a shopping list building

Iv seen some great advice on cjp and brilliant reviews so thought I would give it a go and so far I'm very impressed ,
I can't work out if it is still soft from not being set or if it is generally alot softer then nsi acrylic when set ?
I'm using the master system, and currently been using birthday suit and negligee alot.

Tia

Tia
I've just ordered the master kit from CJP, I've used Hollywood for 20 years but fancied a change as many of my clients are sunbed users and it tends to yellow very easily! Fingers crossed I get on ok with it! #toosetinmyways

I've just ordered the master kit from CJP, I've used Hollywood for 20 years but fancied a change as many of my clients are sunbed users and it tends to yellow very easily! Fingers crossed I get on ok with it! #toosetinmyways
I think you'll find it very different. Even my clients notice the difference when I'm using it and how it feels.

Last edited:
I think you'll find it very different. Even my clients niece the difference when I'm using it and how it feels.
How do you compare it with others, what did you use before?

Latest posts

Back