Claims court?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aimeelouise93

Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on a small claims court route with a client?

She came in wanting her hair highlighighted with some lowlights just through the parting. She insisted on ash blonde. I toned at basin with 9.1. Anyway colour was done, she complained that it was too dark. She had never been so dark. So she came back and my boss told me to re highlight, which i did. Client then complained that it was yellow. I explained that i just followed my boss advice and that if it was another client i would tone the yellow but after her last experience i didnt feel comfortable as it may darken again. I phoned my boss who was off that day she said to try a silver shampoo and tone with 10.01. Colour wasnt as yellow but client still felt too warm.

This client has been bleached blonde for 15 years. This was a return visit to the salon after having not been in for 4 years. I have only been here a year.

She is back in tonight with my boss fixing it, she came in earlier to talk to my boss and has mentioned she has been to a solicitor for damage to her hair? Now her hair is no more damaged than what would be expected after 15 years of being blonde. She got married a few months ago she said her hasnt been cut for a few months as wanted it to go ip when she got married? It wasnt trimmed on either days as she was more concerned with colour which was understandable?

Was just wondering what everyones thoughts were as to whether her claim would stand etc? I understand it is difficult to say without seeing the hair in question?

Many thanks.

It sounds like she's just trying to intimidate you. If she had damage and a problem so bad she needed a solicitor the first thing they would say is not to go back and have more treatments done.

If someone was to claim, it would go through your bosses insurance.

I wouldn't give it another thought x

She came back in and had her colour done. She was a completely different client when she was with my boss compared to when she was with me. Seemed happy when she was leaving and no mention of solicitor again. I think you were right with intimidation. X

I'm glad it all worked out in the end and you can relax. I think some clients just try it on, especially if they view the staff as junior because they want the boss x

Latest posts

Back