Cleaning hot stones between clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazelb

Reaction score
As I do a fair mix of treatments I don't usually do more than one hot stone massage client a day, so I set up for each client and wash stones / clean heater afterwards.
What do you all do if you have several hot stone clients in one day. Do you still wash / disinfect stones and heater between each treatment or is there a sanitiser to put in the heater water( not keen on chemicals in the water!)

Or do I need to allow more time so I can clean everything between clients!!! lol

If you have have back-to-back stone massages, then you would avoid putting the stones you've used back into the water, therefore avoiding contamination of the water and the rest of the stones. That's why you need plenty of stones in a busy salon, as it's much quicker than cleaning if you've got one treatment straight after the other. You could leave a gap in between if you wanted since you said you don't usually do more than one in a day anyway, but I always think it's good to have plenty of stones to be prepared! Hope this helps :)

I have two sets of stones and never book them close together so if I do happen to have more than two I allow time to wash them and re heat etc xx

Latest posts

Back